• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Complete Restoration of BMW R75/5 into Cafe Racer

Thanks

+1 on the seat - nice job Josh! How soon will that bike be all together? I am anxious to see it as I'm sure you are really excited about it.:D

Mike H
76 R90/6
93 R100R Legend

Thanks Mike for your enthusiasm, I am sure the bike will be done sometime maybe this year yet, not for sure, if it is not done before snow fall in North Dakota, it will spend the winter with Josh being broken in and tweaked and then will travel back to its home in the spring of 2013. We are in no hurry really, just want to get it right and take our time on the details.

Thanks,
Shane

Couple of Damsels on an Air Cooled BMW

Brigitte Bardot and Sylvie Vartan, it has been a few weeks since we have posted a damsel in the thread, have a great Memorial Day Weekend everyone.

Thanks,
Shane

Attachments

• BrigitteBardotAndSylvieVartan.jpg
    BrigitteBardotAndSylvieVartan.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 167
Sylvie Vartan....

In my teens, I had a 45 she had recorded named: "I made my choice", and I always wondered who she was. All I knew was that she was French, and one of the Ye Ye girls.

When Google came on the scene, I checked her out, and found out she was one of the most famous entertainers in France, and married to Johnny Hallyday.

Thanks for the memory.

Offer Thanks and Forgiveness. . .

OK, so maybe ATGATT isn't all that important in SOME applications, eh, lads?

The French: Long lunches, long vacations, fabulous set of XX chromosomes through the years, and - clearly - wonderful taste in choosing motorcycles. . .

A culture worth saving, and THANK YOU WWII servicemen/women. June 6 is right around the corner.

Walking Eagle

p.s. Rinty: WOW! Another Johnny Hallyday fan. He was made for noir.

Last edited:
50,000 Hits

Thanks for all the wonderful comments and Walking Eagle, you have a way with words that not many people possess. Not sure if you guys noticed but we just went over 50,000 hits for this thread, simply amazing. My thanks goes out to everyone who is following.

Sorry I have not updated recently, we are waiting to get the frame back once again from the Liquid Coaters, this time it should be clear coated properly so that the silver is perfect. As soon as I have anything new, I will be sure to share with everyone.

In the meantime, have a great week everyone!

Thanks,
Shane

Message from Admin

Hi Guys and Gals -

Sorry, the thread had to go on a slight "vacation". It's a wonderful run of posts, comments back and forth, watching this take shape. But the postings went off the rails and it was necessary to remove the thread so that the background could be reviewed and dealt with. I have removed the run of non-content posts.

Please keep this focused on main thread and let's look forward to the completion of the bike.

Thanks for your support...Kurt

Thanks

Hi Guys and Gals -

Sorry, the thread had to go on a slight "vacation". It's a wonderful run of posts, comments back and forth, watching this take shape. But the postings went off the rails and it was necessary to remove the thread so that the background could be reviewed and dealt with. I have removed the run of non-content posts.

Please keep this focused on main thread and let's look forward to the completion of the bike.

Thanks for your support...Kurt

Thanks Kurt for reinstating my thread and addressing the issue behind the scenes, we are back in business. I will get everyone an update as soon as I have anything more. Have a great Sunday,

Sincerely,
Shane

Thanks!

We're now back to FUN, which is the raison d'etre for this site (and motos), after all.

Kurt, having followed your sagacious postings here for many months, there was never a doubt that "whatever it was" would be resolved fairly.

Shane, use the whip on Josh if you have to! Lusting for more eye-candy.

Walking Eagle

Whip Him Easy

We're now back to FUN, which is the raison d'etre for this site (and motos), after all.

Kurt, having followed your sagacious postings here for many months, there was never a doubt that "whatever it was" would be resolved fairly.

Shane, use the whip on Josh if you have to! Lusting for more eye-candy.

Walking Eagle

My man Josh is down for the count this weekend my friend, you see one of his favorite bands Van Halen were in town with Diamond Dave and he made his way to the concert and from his post on Facebook stating "Damn that whiskey" I have a feeling he is busy trying to recouperate from a good time. So he will no doubt be licking his self inflicted wounds the rest of the weekend. We keep telling each other, no rush, just get it right and we are going to hold steady to that commitment. Thanks again Walking Eagle for all of your posts, I enjoy them very much.

Sincerely,
Shane

Agustin from Autos International sent me over a photograph of the seat in progress. I am very excited to see how it is coming. His question was if I wanted the double white stitch on the chalk lines or nothing at all. I am going with the thread in these areas, I think it is a nice accent and gives the seat much detail, we will see.

Thanks,
Shane

Any chance you could check on what type and density of foam they used on your seat? Looks great.

We Have a Match

Josh just got the parts back once again from the Liquid Coaters and guess what, we have an exact match to the swatch, all systems go, he is collecting the frame and all the goodies, getting ready to mock stuff up a little bit and then send the tins off to paint! So happy to get you guys an update.

Thanks,
Shane

Attachments

• 06-05-12 Liquid Coating Matching Swatch.jpg
    06-05-12 Liquid Coating Matching Swatch.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 196
Foam

Any chance you could check on what type and density of foam they used on your seat? Looks great.

I spoke with Agustin at Autos International and this is what he wrote about the foam to make my seat:

"HI Shane, the foam used in your bike seat, is what we have made for the Porsche seats that we restore. It is a special molded part and it can not be bought at upholstery stores, We actually had to cut up one of our pads to be use for your bike, we sell our pads for 98.00 each
agustin"

So it sounds like it is a proprietary material but Agustin would be more than happy source it for anyone who wants some. Hope this helps a little.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks for taking the time to contact them about the seat. Could you PM me the contact information? Much appreciated. BTW, I'm a p-car enthusiast, but have a water cooled version :). You should take your car to the next Rennsport Reunion, would love to see it up close.

Autos

Thanks for taking the time to contact them about the seat. Could you PM me the contact information? Much appreciated. BTW, I'm a p-car enthusiast, but have a water cooled version :). You should take your car to the next Rennsport Reunion, would love to see it up close.

You can reach Autos International at http://autosintl.net/, tell Agustin that Shane sent you. Air Cooled, Water Cooled, makes no difference when you are taking P-Cars.

Thanks,
Shane

Back