• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Kontour seats

Love the Beads

I don't care for them myself, but some others swear by the beaded seat when added.

{ The one with the little wooden barrels }

I have the Beadrider on my seat. It slips on in a minute and is cheap. It's a little slippery but that helps move the pressure points around. The airflow under it is wonderful.

I recommend you search through the forums. I just posted the other day I experience of a Kontour, along with other people's comments.
I also started a thread on seats about one year ago, lots of comments on Mayor, Russell, Kontour.

According to Kontour's site they will not cover modified or aftermarket seat pans, only original.

I just read a link provided on another forum, that claims they will? It was written by the owner, $200 for the service, on most seats?

I have the Beadrider on my seat. It slips on in a minute and is cheap. It's a little slippery but that helps move the pressure points around. The airflow under it is wonderful.

We are experiencing extreme heat in my area, I may try it again just for the air-flow, but the darn wooden barrels hurt after awhile, and it doesn't take long.

Ron

When my beaded seat gets uncomfortable I sometimes put a sheepskin on top of it.
The differences I notice are:

the air flow is a bit less , but still better than sitting on leather or vynal.

the height increase is very slight but it is enough to ease the knees .

Give it a try :thumb

Kontour seat - first impressions

I'm only almost 2 weeks and ~500 miles on the new Kontour for the R1200RT. First impressions;
Very Cool temp. Both getting on after sitting in the sun and riding.
Drains water well. With the Aerostich Roadcrafter, butt would feel damp sitting on vinyl, not with the Polar Weave.
Foam is very nice. Soft and supportive. Sinks down a bit more. Does not seem to take a "set". Moving into another position settles right in.
Is a bit more slipery, less friction. Easy to move a cheek off the side for turns, have to grip knees into tank for heavy breaking.

So far, I'd recommend it to others. :thumb Long term testing continues.......

Back