• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Adding your name is appreciated

henzilla

not so retired
Staff member

We are a friendly community and really would like to know folks on a first name basis. Take a minute, new and old, and edit your profile to include your name in your Sig line. Act like we are meeting face to face when we exchange thoughts on the Forum :wave

And as a suggestion when setting up your Username, the Internet is full of scam seeking opportunists and stories of those who might get your email address and some info as to your interests if you use that as your Username...just food for thought. We like individual Usernames in general, your name is OK as well... the email addy approach looks a bit dry:brow.

Adding your location as well may help locals in your area meet and greet or just help all of us know where you call home.

Thanks and come on in :nod

Last edited:
Hi Steve!

Thanks for bringing this up. That is a little pet peeve of mine - not knowing what to call someone.

You may call me:

TRACY!

Hi, my name is...

Hi my forum name is Duck Dodgers, I was formerly known as Twistngo. My IRL name is John. I enjoy tire and oil threads.

And as a suggestion when setting up your Username, the Internet is full of scam seeking opportunists and stories of those who might get your email address and some info as to your interests if you use that as your Username...just food for thought. We like cute catchy Usernames in general, the email addy approach looks a bit dry:brow
I'm done with 'catchy' usernames. Since a couple of years, I only use my real name as username. I see no need to hide my identity, and since I'm already in the address database of the spam community (thanks to funny people who like to mail jokes to their complete address book), there's no point in hiding it anymore.

But you can call me Mike The Bike if you like... ;)

We are a friendly community and really would like to know folks on a first name basis. Take a minute, new and old, and edit your profile to include your name in your Sig line. Act like we are meeting face to face when we exchange thoughts on the Forum :wave:nod

Like this?

Most know my name, some ask about the big red X and what it stands for. Well, I saw it somewhere on the web and liked it. It stands for nothing at all. :wave

You can call me anything you want. I use Jay as a business name( many years ago there was another Allen working for my company, so I use my middle name at work) My ex wife (the succubus) has a few choice names for me and my daughter calls me dad. The grandsons call me grandpa!
I don't care what I am called as long as it is in friendship!:wave

Nice idea!

Call me Jay (not Ishmael). I put the mapper in front of my name since that's my day job. Maps can suck me into their world in a second. I love staring at maps and thinking of all the possibilities they hold--from roads to rivers, to the great unexplored restaurants, sites (and sights) that I haven't seen or experienced. Put a map in front of me and I start dreaming up the possibilities and am ready to travel (which I also do a lot of).

Back