• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Nova Scotia Tips

I liked Nova Scotia

I rode the land route up there about 5 years ago, and enjoyed it.

Parts of the Cabot Trail are technically challenging with tight turns and fairly steep grades up and down. Keep it in second gear for those parts, take it easy, and enjoy the ride.

Harry

For good or bad the roads are not too overrun by the RCMP. This way the roads can be both challenging and fun...

When in Cheticamp do not forget to eat at the Sea Food Stop. Great Food. Great Service. Great People. Sorry for the bias.

Back from 2 weeks in Canada. Spent 4 days in Nova Scotia. What a beautiful place to visit. We made a trip to Quebec City last year that included stops in London, Ottawa and Montreal. This year we did Sault Ste Marie, North Bay, Ottawa, Quebec City, Saint John, PEI, Baddeck, Halifax, Bar Harbor Maine, Sherbrooke, Peterborough and Chatham. At least that is a list of where we bedded down for the evening. Having down this twice now I have opinions. Quebec City is a must, it is like visiting France in 1945. 132 from Quebec up the Saint Lawrence is a must, next time we are riding the seaway to the ocean and then down the coast of New Brunswick. Nova Scotia is simply stunning. Cabot Trail is great but Peggys Cove and places near Halifax are amazing as well. I could go on and on about Canada. I am a proud American but let me say that if you like to ride you must go. If you get outside of the major cities the roads are yours. Little traffic and lots of open roads. Once back into Michigan I immediately missed the riding there and lack of cagers. That being said Maine has the same appeal. The only downside is their dollar is more than ours now so no longer is it a bargain. The food is always high there as is the fuel but the unspoiled beauty is second none. I will give one warning, weather in Nova Scotia changes quickly and can be very different from one side of the say Cape Breton to the other. Be prepared for all conditions while there or be sorry. I saw sunny 70's and sunny and 46 with rain & fog all in one day and within 4 hours time. I still want to go back to Nova Scotia. So much beautiful country and so much open empty roads call me back again and again. We will plan next years adventure down the road but it will include Canada. If you are Canadian you are truly blessed with great riding.

Back