Thread: Florida to California

05biggray

Florida to California

My son and I are planning a trip from Fl to CA.We want to stop in Pheonix AZ.
    Our wives will fly in and we will tour Grand Canyon and other points by rental car since the Girl's don't enjoy riding.Any advice on where to leave bikes for a few day's and points of intress will be appreciated.
    Thanks Dave Cameron

Hi Dave. Sounds like a great trip. As for where to leave the bikes, check the BMW MOA Anonymous book. I bet there are several MOA members in the area willing to take your bikes in for a few days.
    Mark M, St. Louis, '13 R1200GS

Shame.

Because biking the Grand Canyon is a must for most. I travel there frequently on my bikes, both Winter and otherwise all year. Enjoy it anyway you get there. A favorite of mine. Phoenix has two BMW dealers that may have some service to ya, regarding leaving the bikes. A TIP for food. CameronAZ at the East end of the GC has a Trading Post called the "Cameron Trading Post", on Hwy89. A definate cannot miss food opportunity in that place. The "Navajo Taco's" are drop dead GOOD. I ride hard and far to eat these. A great shopping location too, the girls won't soon forget, at this trading post. The dining area is a great room, Navajo Indian Art dislays all over the walls to appreciate. This locale is right in route to the Canyon. Gas is also available in Cameron and FlagstaffAZ is the last "big city" en route from Phoenix to GC. All services exist in Cameron too. Happy Trails. Randy