• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

It started up !

lilredroadster

al from chgo burbs
I thought I would see if my bike, a 2004 R1150R, would turn over yesterday and VROOM VROOM !!! , it started like it had been running all the time. It had been just parked in the garage (with a battery tender) since early November.
I added a few pounds of air and now it is ready to go!
All thats needed now is a warm day! SOON, PLEASE!!!!!!!:thumb

I thought I would see if my bike, a 2004 R1150R, would turn over yesterday and VROOM VROOM !!! , it started like it had been running all the time. It had been just parked in the garage (with a battery tender) since early November.
I added a few pounds of air and now it is ready to go!
All thats needed now is a warm day! SOON, PLEASE!!!!!!!:thumb

I did the same thing last Tuesday with the same results...:thumb

The CLC started up last week and I took a nice ride. Did the same thing with the airhead on Thursday. Had to add 5-8 lbs of air to all of the tires.

Happy for you, sad for us

Lilred,

So, as I depressingly look out my window watching the snowman poop, once again, descend unabated onto my driveway here in IL, I'm happy for you that the bike roared to life.

However, being that you are probably no more than 30 miles from me as the Canadian Goose flies, your joy will be short-lived. I do not want to be the bearer of bad news, but the weather, "STILL SUCKS," here in our little patch of tundra. I feel like taking a flame thrower and aiming it towards the sky. I would do so, but am worried about my neighbors reaction, as they already scuttle away whenever I appear on the street. Perhaps my last attempt at riding during the winter, attaching a 20 lb propane cylinder and torpedo heater to the front tire and forks, did not end well, especially for that green Prius stopped at the intersection, but at least I gave it the old college try and had fun doing it.

Anyway, my wife says my poor hygiene and mental attitude can be attributed to cabin fever. I told my imaginary bartender friend what the missus said, and he says I should discipline my family as he gestures towards the axe. I'm taking his counsel under advisement.

Sorry, I did not mean to hijack the thread when I started this post, it just spewed out. Oh-oh, got to go as the very big men carrying the white jacket with long arms and leather straps have found me again.............

My 94 RS does that each spring. Ever since I have used a Battery Tender for the last six years, I don't even take the battery out, no reason to do that. I just plug it in and let it rest till spring. Fires right up like I rode it two days ago. Good that your bike does the same. C'mon spring!!!!

What's all this nonsense about not riding since last November? :D Go ahead...just ask me why I live in Texas...make my day :brow

Sorry... couldn't resist.

Why do you live in Texas?

Why do you live in Texas Motopero?? I know why I do!!! "Honey are you taking the truck to work??" asks dear wife. "Are the roads icy? If they aren't I am gonna ride!!" replies I.

Lilred - Glad to hear that your bike has cabin fever and wants to giddy up and go

Daedalus - Keep running from them big bad men with the white coats. We know you can out run em'

Ahh Texas, I had to drive the truck today and I know I hear soft crying and sniffling when I passed my bike. About broke my heart.

All my exes live in Texas, but they haven't run me from home, either. No way! I have ridden every week this year, and love it. The four season's we have here are December, January, February and Summer.

Course, it does get a little toasty in summer...

Back