• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tank Bag

kosher kitten

This is the first year with my new F650GS. I have outfitted her with side bags and top case but I need a tank bag. I tried one with suction cups but the finish on the tank wouldn't get the cups to adher. I have found the Nelson Rigg 8 liter bag but I don't know if it will work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:confused:

Click on this thread and scroll down to the picture of my 1200 GS with the Cortech Mini tank bag.

I used this bag on my 650GS as well. I love it and it was pretty inexpensive. It's large enough to hold all the girly stuff and then some.

tank bag thread

I had a Cortech Mini on my F8GS (think space considerations are the same) which i liked, but i replaced it with a Chicane bag. Unfortunately, i can't find them on the interweb, but i know that Randy and his brother are still in business. you anywhere near Northern Colorado?

another +1 on the wonderlich.
It is expensive but the mount is the best,IMO , the zipper and bag itself is nearly water proof so I only use the rain cover (a medium plastic garbage bag in my case) when I expect a long ride in the rain. I ignor showers.

If you intend to do a lot of stand up riding, the wonderlich does intefer a bit. I only stand up a bit on myF650GS, when in slippery mud or very loose gravel roads so its benefits outweigh this problem.

Back