Thread: Blue Pegs - Highway Pegs - Worth it?

Blue Pegs - Highway Pegs - Worth it?

I am thinking about getting the Blue Pegs by CVM Touring. Are they worth it? Also, the instructions state "For Show Use Only". What is that suppose to mean, can't use them as highway pegs?

Jack Herbst
    Quote Originally Posted by aegeorge@bellsouth.net View Post
    I am thinking about getting the Blue Pegs by CVM Touring. Are they worth it? Also, the instructions state "For Show Use Only". What is that suppose to mean, can't use them as highway pegs?
    I do not see any "blue pegs" listed on their website.

Jack

Fred Trimble
    Those pegs mount to the bike using exhaust pipe bolts - not too sturdy in my opinion. Take a look at Ilium pegs.
    Fred Trimble
    1985 K100RT
    2009 R1200RT

Here's a link that shows them. Note that they are no longer shown on the makers page, only this dealer page, so they may no longer be available.
    http://www.ccmotorcycles.com/Blue.shtml

They're the only mount set this high and with a somewhat odd mount point as noted above. I don't use footpegs on my RT but I'd compare the Ilium pegs also. I know I don't like the Sahara type- my leg hits the fairing trying to use a set of those.

Note that cvm has a good price on barbacks for the RT though their page doesn't say whether the needed hardware is included (especially if you have something already mounted at that point like the factory gps mount)

Highway pegs

The Illium pegs are the way to go specially for an R1200rt.

Rally Rat

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by racer7 View Post
    Here's a link that shows them. Note that they are no longer shown on the makers page, only this dealer page, so they may no longer be available.
    http://www.ccmotorcycles.com/Blue.shtml

They're the only mount set this high and with a somewhat odd mount point as noted above. I don't use footpegs on my RT but I'd compare the Ilium pegs also. I know I don't like the Sahara type- my leg hits the fairing trying to use a set of those.

Note that cvm has a good price on barbacks for the RT though their page doesn't say whether the needed hardware is included (especially if you have something already mounted at that point like the factory gps mount)
    Yeah - I kinda agree with racer7 - I too have Sahara Pegs, and use them on long rides, but I wish they were both lower and further forward, to give me more stretch.

These 'Blue' pegs look to be more forward, but mounted too high to be comfortable.

Thanks guys! I will look at doing the ililum

Rally Rat

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by aegeorge@bellsouth.net View Post
    Thanks guys! I will look at doing the ililum
    Here's the link:

http://www.iliumworks.com/

Good Luck!