• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Looking for a rental bike in California

D

dpete

Hi,

I own a 2006 R12RT.

Every year, I go to California for a conference for my work. After the conference, I try to rent a bike for a 2 day ride. The last few years have been in San Diego. This year, It will be in LA.

Are there any BMW rentals possible in this area? I contacted Jupiter with no luck.

I would like a R12RT, but I would also be interested in any other BMW. I have nothing against Harleys, but I like to rent something I am comfortable with instead of something different...especially since I will be in an unfamiliar area.

thanks,

dp

When you get to the LA area and have a bike, look at a map. Look at all the little roads in the western part of the Santa Monica Mountains. Most anything that branches off from Mulholland Hwy will be good.

Also, for a longer day ride, find Santa Paula and take CA-152 to CA-33 in Ojai, then go north. Go east on Lockwood Valley Rd. to Frazier Park/I-5. You can head back down I-5 to Castaic and then take Lake Hughes Rd. You can come back via San Fracisquito Cyn Rd. Also, look at Placerita Cyn to Little Tujunga Cyn.

Good luck!

I recently tried to rent a BMW from Eaglerider. It seems they no longer rent BMWs dispite their add.

Find a Dealer;

Do not know how this would work, BUT? You may want to call a few BMW Dealers in the area and ask! Most have many used BMWs on the lots to, or need riding. I would make'em an offer to ride a used BMW for two days for an agreed price:). Not a rental, so to speak, a loaner, test ride!!! Think it may work and the bike gets used a few miles, not just sitting on a floor? Randy

Has anyone tried AdMo-Tours in the Los Angeles area?

Looked at their ad and they advertise RT's and GS's at some locations...

Cheers! Bill J

Back