• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

'00 K1200RS cooling fan

I don't know if the same fan that fits the K100 fits the K1200 but Beemer Boneyard has the fan motor about 1/2 price. I had to use my housing. Might want to check there.

Ralph Sims

My cooling fan seized on me...anyone know if it can be rebuilt or of a cheaper aftermarket brand???

Is it the left one? From what I've heard that one seems to be more common. I don't know of any substitutes other than a used one.

left cooling fan 98 K1200

My left cooling seized too.

Sounds like I need a used one.

These kind of parts I usually buy new because they are critical. But, I just checked Max BMW parts catalog and these fans list for $237.83! Whoa! :cry

$237? Does that come with a radiator, hoses, pump, and coolant flush?

Used right side fan at Safari Cycles

I bought the left one. The right one is still there. $60 on ebay, $40 on their website. Tell Jeff you saw it online for $40 and he'll honor the price.

[URL="http://www.safaricycle.com/motorcycle-parts/cooling-system/bmw/k1200lt"

The left and right fan are the same. Just the shroud is different. Same fan for RS and GT 5/96-7/04. Pn 1711465225.

The LT uses a different fan Pn 17111464989. 6/97-7/08.

:dance:dance:dance

Mahalo

Mahalo (Thank you) everyone for the input; you guys are too funny =) When I get back to SC, guess I'll "bite-the-bullet" if I want to make it the Nationals in PA.
Aloha

L/R cooling fan

My left cooling seized too.

Sounds like I need a used one.

Hey, did you ever get that fan replaced? I finally got one at safaricycles.com & they had two available. Left & Right fans are the same AND the GT uses the same fans as the RS (as stated by 98lee). It was pretty easy to remove & replace, too. Unfortunately for me, it came too late for me to attend the PA rally =(
Hope this helps

Back