• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

'92 Daytona and Bulowville

Picture 274.jpg
Picture 273.jpg
Chico did not recognize me. My beard was gone and the hair was now way more gray. It was a good reunion. He said he he still had his HD Heavy Beer and like me, it was a great reminder of the old Bulow days in Daytona. Here's to Chico, Bill and Tattoody.

Daytona Bike Week T's

Picture 005.jpg
Another pic from the Spacecoast Club. I allways bought a shirt from them. I really appreciated the effort they put out to put this on for the BMW riders. It was my Daytona bike week home back in the 90's. I thought it was cool hanging out there. Usually the BMW Greats ,racers, BMWNA, All the big wigs came through at one time or another, to share their greatest. :dance
Picture 006.jpg
One of my favorite Daytona T. From the dealership The old school design and color, perfect.
Picture 007.jpg
One year the Dealership had a special group ride for just for the BMW riders. They rode from the dealership a few miles north to a shopping mall, not very far. There they had a display, some small talk thanking the riders for supporting the dealership. There was quite a few riders on the ride. At the end they threw out free T's to the crowd, which I believe was the big crowd draw. They started throwing them out. Seems they were aiming for their buds. Ok I get it, I sure wasn't going to fight for a shirt, to much jostling for me. At the end when the crowd was disperceing, went by the table and seen a overlooked cumpled T on the floor. Picked it up and got my T. :)

BMW RAMS April Meeting

Was home this weekend and got to attend the Rams Aprill club meeting. The Meeting was at Village Creek State Park, just outside of Wynne,Ar. on Crowley's Ridge. This is the closest BMW motorcycle event in Arkansas from where I live, so when I'm home I try to be there. It's about 35 miles from my house to the park.
Picture 008.jpg
Picture 010.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 215
Perfect weather, about 30 in attendence. A lot of the Naturally Beemers joined in the campout and activities.

Picture 021.jpg
Picture 022.jpg
Donnie Rice rode this nice '84 R100 over to the campout. Donnie did a nice job on this conversion from RT to S style. Donnie is a long time member of the Naturally Beemers and another past president,

I was just teasing. :) I like to promote ride over country. That large area between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. Kinda like flyover country. We ride BMW motorcycles and do all the neat stuff just like the famous areas of the country do. :wave

Picture 025.jpg
Picture 026.jpg
A couple more Daytona T's from the Spacecoast Club at Bulow campground. These feature the Legends Race. It was a neat way to promote BMW motorcycles and legendary motorcycles racers from the past. Over 20 years ago, time flies.

Picture 038.jpg
The race team had this 'T-shirt' made up of the '53 Lincoln we raced and rallied. This is a replica of the original Lincolns they raced back in the early 50's. They were very successful in the 50's in that series and raced against the best from America and Europe.The races took place in Mexico on public highways. Leo Goff built this car for the team several times. The first time as a mild neat custom street driven car. The second time as a road race car at special racing events. It was about as practical as racing a 'B' John Deere tractor. Leo built the car for the third and last time back in the 90's for a reenactment of those 50's races. The car was driven to victory by the team owner Jimmy Dodds and co driver Rob Walton.
I think it was a great acheivement for the team. Leo Goff being the chief builder, with assistance from Eddie Wilbanks on fabricating a complete true dual exhaust system and Randy McGehee building a custom heavy duty drive train and suspension for that race. The car ran the stock 317.5 cubic inch engine, custom built by Leo Goff just for that race. This was probably one of the supreme moments of success for the team, under Leo Goff's supervision and direction.

A Tour of Az. on my R50/5, 1992

Picture 045.jpg
Picture 043.jpg
Stopped in No Where Az. at the Burro Inn. Walking in the door, I heard a lady say 'We need some entertainment in here" I did a little dancing jig as I shuffled in. 'Get that man a free round on the house.' That cold beer was one of the best I ever had. It was only about 110' outside. Actually it was a piano bar, and she was telling the guy to start playing. I was the star customer that day.

Back