• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Picture 701.jpg
Leo built the engine for this '63 split window Corvette. We were racing up in Mid-Ohio Raceway in Lexinton, Ohio. We got the cars dialed in early, so we took off a day and drove over to Napolean, Ohio to Pro Team Corvette. The boss bought this Vette and we brought it home. That engine went in this car. I got to drive it several times. Put a big old smile on my face. :)

Yes, that was a pretty good build, 375HP will get your adrenalin pumpimg. Small block Chevy's are sorta common. Leo built a cool Pontiac 400CI HO engine for a '71 GTO convertible. Really nice. He built the 317.5 V8 Lincoln engine in the '53 Lincoln Capri. That car won the '97 reenactment Pan American Race in Mexico. He built the 331 CI Cadillac V8 that was in the '50 Kurtis Sport. He's built numerous British engines for Jag's, Triumph's, MG's, for racing and car shows. They were all show and race winners. He's built, Porsche's, Mercedes, Audi's. He's also built Ferrari's, Alfa's, Fiat's, all with success. And he's built all the motorcycle brands, American, British, Italian, German, Japanese. And probably many more that I have forgotten about. I just wanted to give Leo a shout out. He's helped so many people in Memphis, the Mid South, actually all over the USA and the world with motorcycles and automobiles. It's really almost unbelieveable, but it totally is. Anyway, if your interested do a web search on Leo Goff Memphis, Racing, motorcycles, Nortons, and even Memphis Bassist. He's also one helleva bass musician, I'll try to post some more of his builds, it's really endless.

RTE Ride To Eat April 2, 2016 Tiptonville TN - See the Eagles

Hi All,
Great food, GREAT times, and GREAT company for this annual RTE in Northwest Tennessee.

http://forum.ironbutt.org/index.php?...the-eagles.22/

Ride To Eat Tiptonville April 2th, 2016--See the Eagles

Hi all,
It was a great gathering last year, and I know the food was great and the weather cooperated for a beautiful spring day, I hope for more of the same this year. Please pass the word to your riding friends Ride Safe everyone and see you in West Tennessee, Tiptonville on Saturday April, 2. I would like to be contacted CaptRehkopf atgeeemail.com so I'll know how big a room to reserve?

Boyettte's Restaurant in Tiptonville, TN, 12:00-2:00pm Saturday April 2, 2016.

This ride is scheduled at the same time as the Bald Eagles' baby eaglets should be about two to three weeks old. The Ranger Station across the highway has had cameras on their nesting sites. So, if the Eagles cooperate and nest where the cameras are then you can see these magnificent birds close up. Additionally, the Ranger Station has other live examples of wildlife including two Bald Eagles that are injured and can't hunt for themselves, so you'll see Eagles regardless. http://www.reelfoot.com/eagles.htm

Boyette's serves family style and is described below:
Since 1921 Boyette's has been one of west Tennessee's top restaurants. People from all over a four state area make the drive every week to experience the true flavor of the south. Just make sure you're hungry, because their specialty is serving up generous portions of Catfish, Country Ham, Fried Chicken and more. Put it together with some homemade hushpuppies, onion rings and country vegetables and it's not just a meal it's an experience. http://www.reelfoot.com/boyettes/index.htm

Boyette's Dining Room (N36 21.643 W89 25.985)
Hwy. 21
Tiptonville, TN 38079

Ride Safe,
Robert

Last edited:
Back last summer I went by to see an old buddy of mine Vernon Noles, in Russellville, Ar.. I was headed over to the RA National in Harrison, Ar.. Had a good visit with him and his wife. Vernon's pushin 90 years old. Back in 1990/91 I rebuilt my R90 in his garage in West Memphis, Ar. Good memories and times. Hard to believe time has flown by so fast. Vernon probably bought and sold and worked on over 200 bikes back in the day. BMW, Guzzi's, Harley's, Honda's, and a lot more. Lawn mowers, trucks, jeeps, you name it., he probably worked on it. He sold it all out, got rid of a lot of stuff. He was finished with it. Got up to west Arkansas and after a couple of years got back in it. Went by to see him and he had a couple of nice Beemers, wanted me to help him dispose of them. He was finished this time for good.

I was tied up with helping my mother with home health care, very serious end of life issues. Called a few buddies and told them about the bikes and a nice stash of parts. Told them to go over see Vernon and make him and offer on the bikes and parts. Didn't get much interest. Got the call from Vernon, just come and get it. I told him that I was making funeral arrangements for my mother, but once we were thru with that we would come and get it.

Vernon and his son David were long time MOA and RA members. Vernon and Dave bought and sold numerous parts and bikes off the marketplace site of the MOA News and RA OTL magazines. Sad to see it come to an end.

This is about the 10th time I've dealt with buddies with the end of their motorcycling lives. It's really sad. I try to remember the time riding, camping, rallying, wrenching; the happy good times. :thumb

Demolition of old shed

Picture 777.jpg
Picture 778.jpg
Back around '98 I decided I needed a garage to house my BMW's. The old shed had to go; I called Vernon for help. Vernon was great at demolishing stuff. Vernon was good at building and even better at destruction. He made short work of the shed. Great memories. Thx Vernon, you were and are a good friend.

More demolition

Picture 779.jpg
Picture 780.jpg
Vernon had so much fun, I felt I needed to get in on the act. Jack hammered the foundation. Then loaded and hauled it off.

Crowded space.

Picture 781.jpg
Picture 782.jpg
New bikes will share space with a K bike,Oil head, and three airheads. Never figured on Vernon's bikes ending up in my garage. Should have built a bigger garage. All I wanted was a place to hold 2 bikes and enough room to work on one. :dunno

Back