Page 54 of 258 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Yes, I enjoyed mastering the skills of tool & die and machining. One thing I don't miss is the noise of the factory environment. Nothing like the sound of 20 or 30 metal stamping presses operating at speed. Also, the the sound/noise of a 100 assembly machines and numourous forklifts operating. LooseLeaf was pretty loud. But, I worked in a tool & die that was much louder. The factory had presses that were 2/3 stories high. The products were railroad related. Some people worked their 30 plus years. I couldn't take it. I lasted a couple of years and moved on. I much preferred the stand alone shop away from the factory. Much better and quieter.

'Eat My Leaves'

Just got my ON's and saw the add from the Arkansas Parks and Tourism. Most likely the first time Arkansas has ever been advertized in the MOA. If the weather cooperates it'll be a a great time to ride in Arkansas and attend the the RA National. I've been a resident for 55 of my 62 years. I've live in Newark, Bryant, Hot Springs, Batesville, Jonesboro, And Marion. So, I've lived in the Ouchita's, Ozarks, Crowley's Ridge, And the Delta. I'm a charter member of the Naturally Beemers, all 27 years. 1988 being the first year. I hope the math is correct. Hopefully their will be some fall color to see. The Naturally Beemer's have had fall campouts all over the state. For most years there has been two small independent rallys that I have attended many times. The Wilderness Rally on the Buffalo River near Harriet, Ar. in the Spring and the Hot Springs Ramble in Hot Springs National Park, Gulpha George. Both area's are great riding area's. The Nat. Beemers have 2 tours they casually sponser. The County Seat Tour and the 6 Corners Tour of Arkansas. Arkansas has 75 counties and 85 county seats. You have to remember we have special math in Arkansas. Completed that tour in 1990. Actually I just happened to be the member to finish this tour first. Took me a little over a year to do the tour. I believe it took about 8 different rides for me to complete it. The six corner tour, I did on one trip, and included attending the old Hillbilly Beemer Rally on the Big Elk River in Southwest Mo. This was one hot ride, over 100 degrees for the first 3 days of the ride. All i did at the rally was lay in the river and cool off. I belive that ride was about '93 and I was probably the 5th member to complete it. So I've rode all over the state on numorous rides and for the most of it, it was absolutly great riding.

Little Riding Trophies

Picture 1420.jpg
    I was proud to get these little awards from those rides. Almost felt a little like I was almost a Iron Butt rider, kinda sorta; well not really. That was a time I was doing some good runs and rides. Lots of rallies and bike events. I had earned my motorcycle stripes.

Coffee in a Roundel Cup

Picture 1423.jpg
    Coffee taste's better in a porcelain cup with the Roundel.
    BMW dealers:
    Detroit, Engle, Atlanta, Iron Horse, Bob's, Mischler's, Pandora's, Southeast Mich.
    BMW Clubs
    BMWRAMS and BMW Riders of Ms.
    I need some new cups, time to hit the road.

Thx SoCal, for your kind regard.

Supercharged K100

I see where the MOA is looking for the membership to send in some interesting articles concerning BMW riders, motorcycles, anything related to the BMW experience. About 25 years ago a buddy of mine, well really at the time a buddy of a buddy, had the coolest K100 I'd ever at that time. '85 K100 with the most gorgeous full sport red Pichler fairing. 3 spoke Marvic mag wheels, custom fabricated equal length headers and exhaust. I believe there was some internal engine work. Did some road trips with this bike and guy, impressive. Another buddy had done the work for him. After that the buddy with the K100 had the fabricating buddy build a complete supercharged K100 engine for his next bike. I believe the engine was built, then the guy lost interest in K100's. Their were probably other factors involved. Anyway, the riding buddy sold all his BMW bike stuff to the fabricator. This was all years ago. Any way just got thru talking to the fabricator about needing interesting articles for the ON's. He said he was interested in sharing it. I'm outa town, he said He'd call back this evening and discuss it. I'm excited as I remember seeing some of this work years ago. Then the project kinda died. Maybe time to bring it outa the closet and see it and the touring K100 again.

Smile

Hey Barry, I'm glad we bumped in to each other today, been wanting to meet you for awhile. Hank & Josh got my final drive repaired & I was able to bring the bike home with me today. Kudos to Grassroots! They replaced the crown bearing & both seals for under 400 bucks. Happy about that. I also picked up new floats & needles for my /5 so maybe that will fix the fuel problem. Get new tires mounted & I'll make a ride over to Marion. Maybe you can show me a good place to eat over that way Mike

Grass Roots BMW

Mike, I really enjoyed the visit at Grass Roots BMW. Nice to here about your ride out to the national in Montana. Got a few pics to post.

Mike and his RT.

Picture 1478.jpg
    Glad they fixed the leaking rear main seal while you were there.

Picture 1477.jpg
    Another pic of mike and RT. Nice to meet someone kinda close to where I live. Mike lives about 50 miles up the road in the Jonesboro area. O,no I didn't get a good pic of my lens cover.

Parts Dept. Grass Roots

Picture 1459.jpg
    He knows his stuff.

The Owner

Picture 1460.jpg
    David Hudson posing with an R9T.

Better pic

Picture 1461.jpg
    Thx for posing. I had a great visit.

New F700GS

Picture 1472.jpg
    I really like the looks of this bike. Might be my favorite, red frame really sets it off in looks. Be still my beating heart.

Picture 1467.jpg
    Hank hard at work, good guy.
    Attached Images Attached Images