• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Supercharged K100 engine

Eddie promised me he would pull it out, clean it up and let us get a chance to see it, probably the only one ever built. Hurry up Eddie.:dance

Sent some of the pics over to Ron of his Impala SS. He said thx. He texted back asking if anyone had a spare 409ci Chevy engine laying around not being used, he might be interested. Wouldn't that be nice.

Stoby's Restaurant Russellville Ar.

Had some business to attend to in Western Ar.. One was going by to see an old freind in Russellville. On the way over had lunch in Stoby's.

Picture 102.jpg
Picture 103.jpg
Picture 104.jpg
Well us older foks will kinda like it, if the kids find it boring. Nice stop if your attending the RA Nat. in Harrison.

Picture 107.jpg
Picture 108.jpgPicture 111.jpg
Went by to see my old buddy Vernon Noles. Back 25 years ago Vernon let me borrow a small corner in his garage in West Memphis, Ar. I totally dissasembled the bike and did a pretty complete total redo of the bike. He was quite impressed. Anyway he sold out completely in W.Memphis , bikes tools everything, he was getting out of the bike business. Got up to Russellville and got the itch and he was back into working on bikes. Then a while back getting his drivers license renewed, he couldn't pass the eye exam. Sad. He's only 89. Anyway he's getting out of the bike business for the 2nd time.

May help him dispose of his stuff. Thx much Vernon for helping me with the R90 Redo back in '90. The econo rebuild was a great success. It's on to it's 2nd rebuild as the Classic Bavarian Bagger. :wave

Rose welcomeing me to the rally. Paul flippin pancakes for breakfast, outta focus.The gals havin a hen meeting.

Rams Rally 2015

Picture 126.jpg
Picture 127.jpg
Picture 129.jpg
A big thank to the members of the RAMSBMW Club. The rally was a great success. Had a wonderfull time. Perfect, Great, Yea. They planned for 100 and had exactly 100. Thx Marshall, Don, Jeff, John and all the rest for a good time. Just what I needed. :thumb:thumb

Rockabilly Ground Zero

I left the rally on I-40 heading west. Stopped in at the west Tn. Welcome Center at Brownsville. Easy off, Easy On. They were having a special celebration of one of the local greats, you may recognize her. The legendary Tina Turner. Tina grew up about 20 miles nw of Brownsville in the famous little town of Nutbush. Local girl makes it big, is an understatement. :dance

Pictures of the Tina lined the Center.

Picture 131.jpg
Picture 141.jpg
Picture 139.jpg
Small town country girl makes it bigtime. :thumb They were playing her hits the whole timeand I knew all of them. America at it's best.

Some of her Outfits

Picture 143.jpg
Picture 144.jpg
She was the real deal. She was hot. Watched her many times on tv on those variety shows. Watching Ike and Tina Turner Review with those Iketts dancing was over the top. My little juzenile eyes would pop outa my head. The 60's, those were the day.

Yes, if you follow this tread, you won't get to see many pics of snow capped mountains, ocean waves rollin into the beach, or exotic jungles. You'll have to suffer thru BBQ joints, Honkeytonks, Blues clubs, Rockabilly festivals and such. All you stand. So be it. I live at the Nutbush city limits. ps. In between that you'll see plenty of pics of BMW motorcycles and and the folks that ride'em.

Back