• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Supercharged K100

I see where the MOA is looking for the membership to send in some interesting articles concerning BMW riders, motorcycles, anything related to the BMW experience. About 25 years ago a buddy of mine, well really at the time a buddy of a buddy, had the coolest K100 I'd ever at that time. '85 K100 with the most gorgeous full sport red Pichler fairing. 3 spoke Marvic mag wheels, custom fabricated equal length headers and exhaust. I believe there was some internal engine work. Did some road trips with this bike and guy, impressive. Another buddy had done the work for him. After that the buddy with the K100 had the fabricating buddy build a complete supercharged K100 engine for his next bike. I believe the engine was built, then the guy lost interest in K100's. Their were probably other factors involved. Anyway, the riding buddy sold all his BMW bike stuff to the fabricator. This was all years ago. Any way just got thru talking to the fabricator about needing interesting articles for the ON's. He said he was interested in sharing it. I'm outa town, he said He'd call back this evening and discuss it. I'm excited as I remember seeing some of this work years ago. Then the project kinda died. Maybe time to bring it outa the closet and see it and the touring K100 again. :dance

Hey Barry, I'm glad we bumped in to each other today, been wanting to meet you for awhile. Hank & Josh got my final drive repaired & I was able to bring the bike home with me today. Kudos to Grassroots! They replaced the crown bearing & both seals for under 400 bucks. Happy about that. I also picked up new floats & needles for my /5 so maybe that will fix the fuel problem. Get new tires mounted & I'll make a ride over to Marion. Maybe you can show me a good place to eat over that way :) Mike

Grass Roots BMW

Mike, I really enjoyed the visit at Grass Roots BMW. Nice to here about your ride out to the national in Montana. Got a few pics to post.

Picture 1477.jpg
Another pic of mike and RT. Nice to meet someone kinda close to where I live. Mike lives about 50 miles up the road in the Jonesboro area. O,no I didn't get a good pic of my lens cover. :scratch

New F700GS

Picture 1472.jpg
I really like the looks of this bike. Might be my favorite, red frame really sets it off in looks. Be still my beating heart. :dance

Kettle Band

Picture 1474.jpg
Across the street form GrassRoots they had a farmers market set up and a kettle band was serenating the local buyers and sellers. They were from the local university, SEMO. They were very pleasant to listen too. I just needed a pinacolada to really get in the mood.

Grass Roots BMW, Cape Giiradeau, Mo.

Thx Guy's, I had a great visit. Got my brother a cool T and I got a nice map of the Ozarks. Ar., Mo, and Ok.. Perfect map for the ride over to Harrison, Ar. for the RA National in October. Butler Motorcycle Maps. www.butlermaps.com.

Chuck Leo motorcycle Service

Back inthe60's thru the 80's there were a lot of motorcycle shops in the Summer Av. area of east Memphis. Harry's Suzuki, Al's Honda, Leo's Kawasaki. the old Triumph dealer. All gone, all family owned locally. A remnant of that was Chuck Leo, who was working out of his family's old dealership on Summer Av.

The old dealership building

Picture 1479.jpg
Kinda sad, used to come by here back in the 80's and see all the new bikes outside on display and visit the family.

Back