• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

On the road freight hauling

Been on the road hauling freight. Between runs, I've been to the BMW dealers in St. Louis, Pittsburgh, Columbus, and Indianapolis the last 5 days. Nice change of pace, meet nice folks and see some cool bikes. Breaks up the boredom of the road. Even got in a little site seeing. Went to President Grant's birth site and mobile home. Would rather be riding.

Beale  Sreet 07-16-14 148.jpg
Bob and Robert were getting their bikes serviced. Liked hanging out the the dealership in Wexford. Western Pa. looked like a good area to ride in. Reminded me some of the Ozark hills of Arkansas.

2007 Harley Superglide - Moto Ohio

Beale  Sreet 07-16-14 156.jpg
I like modern retro bikes. This looks like a neat bike for bike night, Stylin and Profilin as Nature Boy Rick Flair would say. W000!:groovy

AutoBahn Craftwerks

Beale  Sreet 07-16-14 162.jpg
Stopped in Cincinati, Ohio to pay my respect to the passing of Len Karkov the owner. So sad, I know he'll be missed by all his freinds, associates, and customers. It's been one of my favorite stops the last 10 years. The new owner will be changing the name and moving the shop. Time and change moves on.

Took a freight run to Ft. Worth; got it delivered and went over to Perry's Sidecars and motorcycles. Perry's got some of the neatest old stuff. You never know what you'll see. Was admiring a Munch, completely over the top cool. Perry asked how to deliver it to Atlanta. I would have to put a lien on the house to cover the insurance. Back to reality, bought a condenser for the Silver Snail. Almost took a whole $20 bill. Riding ain't for cheapskates. Drove down the street to Eurosport Cycle. Found the bike of my dream. A 1400 Moto Guzzi California Custom or maybe the 1400 California Touring. What am I talking about, I ain't got time to ride the Snail and can barely afford a little condenser. Maybe in another life.

When I left Eurosport Cycle went up the road to BMW of Fort Worth. Got there and they was gone. Moved up the road and across the Hiway. New place was nice. Hung out awhile. They got lot of bikes and brands. Talked with Will Cammmerer in sales. He rode New R9T. Good for him. The big California just stuck on my brain. Don't matter anyway, don't have the time to ride what I got. Took a load to Larado and got to head home. Everyone's headed to Barber's for the vintage bike meet and I have business at home. No rest for the weary.

Back