• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Looks like Ur going to be in the Sweet Spot of Arkansas; the Arkansas river valley mountain chain. The Ozark hills are to the north and the Ouachita Mountains to the south. See U at the NBC next year.

Rally-No Show

Dog gone it, missed the National. Didn’t get a bike ready for a long haul ride. My cargo van is big enough to haul bikes, but it’s got over 600,000 miles on the od. Didn’t like the odds of a major breakdown. So I passed on the rally. Total failure on my part. Doom, despair and agony on me. Well, hope I get everything organized for some fall rides and campouts. :(

View attachment 67026
View attachment 67027
My personal choice of a windshield. Perfect in operation, use, function, looks and style. Sometimes BMW strikes out on their components, example this oem Airhead Sidestand. Hard to deploy and a sorry foot Sometimes they hit a homer like with this oem windshield. Funny how this is. Kinda like the Krauser saddle, why aren't they built well enough not to need straps. This bike came with a sub standard horn, you can see my upgraded twin aftermarket horns. Seats, bags, windshields, horns, sidestands, transmission all sub standard for what we consider the best motorcycle manufactured. Even with these features, probably my favorite motorcycle. Something about a BMW Airhead just sucks you in. I guess the bike just has a certain charm. I'm totally hooked; lock, stock and barrel. :)

Moved to be last post.

Old Airport Club-West Memphis, Ar.

My local watering hole. We probably have 5 or so guys who ride bikes to the club on a regular basis and about the same number who ride occasionally to the club. We have other riders who come from time to time. I always like seeing bikes and bikers at the club. Drove over the other day and saw a group of bikes parked outside, good I thought. It turned out to be a 1%er club. Got me to thinking about my past. Memphis area probably has about 4 or 5 small patch wearing clubs and another 3 or 4 fairly close. Years ago I was going to bars that catered to them. Back then I lived to ride and rode pretty often with those clubs. Pretty much no problems and good times. Was even approached a few times about patching with some of those clubs. I always declined. I like to ride for fun not as a have to biker ride.

Yea, seeing those 1%ers got to thinking about my past riding history. Made me realize why I like riding with my BMW motorcycle friends. I’ve been riding as a solo act for some time, need to get back to seeing and riding with those guys while I can. I turn 70 in late July. Starting to run out of runway. :brow

Thx Guy’s. I’ve had a good run of health, can’t really complain. Just got a few health maladies as of late. Cataracts in one eye. Surgery is in a couple of weeks. Nothing really super serious. It’s really interfered with my riding. Get it fixed and get back to riding. I guess, I’ve turned into a wuss. :gerg

I will be 81 in July and have had several medical problems over the years (open heart surgery, 3 gastric bypasses, cancer, 2 back surgeries plus several other hospital visits). I have riden a little over 300,000 mile in the last twenty years. God willing, I will spend four days riding around Waynesville, NC this weekend.

I will be 81 in July and have had several medical problems over the years (open heart surgery, 3 gastric bypasses, cancer, 2 back surgeries plus several other hospital visits). I have riden a little over 300,000 mile in the last twenty years. God willing, I will spend four days riding around Waynesville, NC this weekend.

:clap :clap :clap

OM

Amen

Cooking-Chef-Cuiseine Tour

My girlfriend is trying to fatten me up a little and at the same time she wants to drop a few lbs.. Ain’t easy. She’s been doing the chef duties.
3AE0684C-45D7-4BF2-9B28-4271727783AD.jpeg
82C0A8E5-0535-4C85-84ED-DEEF10EC2AEC.jpeg
47E29BC3-D2EC-4E0F-A913-0B47DAEEAC8E.jpeg
Baked and grilled talapia

Back