• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

True, but I thought I needed to get outa the house.
B2E85300-71AB-4448-9E8E-E19F1F397522.jpeg
Now I can sit in the van and see all ice. :dunno:hungover Yep, stupid I know.

Must be terrifying for those really not used to Ice Barry. Seems to take about three bad road weather events to get "most" back on track for crappy weather around here.
A bucket of sand really helps.
OM

Thx Guys; no loss of power, no frozen pipes, nothin really bad. Just complaining. Back to watching the idiot box. :brow

I’ve been attending school at Arkansas State University-Mid South. Just completed the 4 hour course Mach 1004, Measurement, Material, and Safety. 4 hours of credit. So, I’ve completed all the class work in red. I’ve had all my college work, transcripts sent to the registrar’s office. I’m very close to having all the work done for an Associate’s degree.

Got ahead of myself. Back in 2020/21, I started attending ASU- MidSouth. I was taking CNC Machining. Did it to get out of the house, this was back in the height of the Covid pandemic. I found Computer Numerical Machining quite challenging. I was by far the oldest student they had ever had. Walking to and from the class, I passed a display.
B5FBB7B3-B68D-4068-9806-3C283C4DF870.jpeg
091FE7DC-7829-44CE-AF17-5B2FB0D0B3BE.jpeg

Had all my college transcripts sent to the registrar’s office. Will go tomorrow and see how close I am to earning this little degree. It’s just an old man’s bucket list sorta thing. Maybe just one class short. Will see.
This last class kicked my butt. :brow But I passed.:thumb

Had all my college transcripts sent to the registrar’s office. Will go tomorrow and see how close I am to earning this little degree. It’s just an old man’s bucket list sorta thing. Maybe just one class short. Will see.
This last class kicked my butt. :brow But I passed.:thumb

:clap :clap :clap

om

In the Mail

Every once in great while something cool comes in the mail.
CEACABF0-C0B2-441C-8109-4F313E3A3DFA.jpeg
Four oldies, but goodies.
562E8252-304A-4297-A8B8-E5ED3F4358E0.jpeg
Ground breaking model.

The BMW Family Members

I’ve had numerous trips to Bench Mark Works. I went to all the Max dealerships in search of the one off R90S build. Found out it was long gone to a forever home. I got to meet all the techs in on the build and all the team members of dealerships. All good visits to meet the people who make up the BMW family. :thumb :thumb

Naturally Beemers circa 1990

21A0C8AA-5149-4548-893A-E6F3E4FCEA84.jpeg
A run to Mena, Ar. and a ride on the Talimena Drive over to Talihina, Ok.. My R90/6 on end at the right. I rode the farthest on that trip from east Arkansas to Ok.. Generally most rides involving the Naturally Beemers meant I was usually the longest distance rider. Riding over to the Ouachita Mountains was always worth the ride.

View attachment 90929
A run to Mena, Ar. and a ride on the Talimena Drive over to Talihina, Ok.. My R90/6 on end at the right. I rode the farthest on that trip from east Arkansas to Ok.. Generally most rides involving the Naturally Beemers meant I was usually the longest distance rider. Riding over to the Ouachita Mountains was always worth the ride.

Indeed, Brother.

Voni and I loved riding there, down from Topeka or Lawrence in Kansas.

Thx Paul. Yes, I’m a brother, but Your the MOA Big Brother. Thx much for your support and leadership. Hoping for 2 good rides this year; one to the Ouachita’s and one to the Ozarks. Years ago I could cover both on an extended ride. Now I ride a little slower and stop to smell the roses, see historical sites, unique earth formations, or anything that catches my interest at the moment. I like to ride in a slower meandering style.

A one day ride from Marion, Ar. to Talihina, Ok., then the return trip to Marion, Ar. was quite the ride. Maybe around 650 miles round trip. Ol’ Blackie the R90 had the small 4 gallon tank, so I was stopping for fuel about 125-150 miles. These weren’t my usual meandering rides. Actually they were pretty brisk; no messing around. Leo Goff, my tech kept the bike well tuned up, the bike ran way better than it looked. My local biker bar was the Fillin Station in Memphis, I’d ride over on Sunday to hang out with my biker buddies. I’d sit out on the patio, drinking a cold one. Got the usual question, where’d U ride yesterday. Oh, I rode over to Talihina, Ok., and visited with my Native American brothers. U know, the Caddo’s, Quapaws, Kickapoos. What?

Back