• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Weak/broken Cluster Gear

309EF19A-59ED-44F3-8095-9DAA88104838.jpeg
Terrible. I was riding this ‘74 R90/6, till I disassembled the bike and found this problem.
Yea Barry get a Beemer their great. :help

I have no idea about the history of the snowflake wheel. It is one of the infamous recalled snowflake wheels.
The cluster gear came out of my ‘74 R90/6 tranny. I think that bike had about 200,000+ thousand miles when I dissembled it back in the 1990 time frame. I had no plan to rebuild the tranny. The bike ran and shifted great. The bad design was the dogs were casted. They should have been machined to exact size. All ‘74 models 90S, 90/6, 75/6, 60/6, were subject to this possible failure. :brow

Back to Old Airport Club

7CCCD869-C210-4F66-8E4A-2078B36F8E12.jpeg
These guys were really good. The guy sitting on the box, was keeping the beat. The name of this 3 man combo Tall Broke Folks. They said I could be an honorary member being tall and broke. No musical ability. Can’t even play a box.:dunno

Busy Work Week

Gotta call from my Buddy; need help on the yard. Bruce Bacon’s family has a auto salvage yard. Basically, I’m the ground crew. Picking up metal scrap metal, getting the yard ready for loads of wreaked auto’s to part out. It was hot that day, I put in a good day’s work, not to bad for a senior citizen. Really just good to get outa the house and make my self useful.
7D1A09A2-9BAC-4E5E-B6D8-D502F3A4C415.jpeg
E86028FC-AB1A-417B-AA9F-00EE16B47FAA.jpeg

Water Break

B595DF47-C92E-44AF-B8E8-33825936CC15.jpeg
It was over 100 degrees. Back to the truck for a water break. Got back to the house, planned on going out later. Took a nap, woke up it was 9:00pm. Back to bed. The next day pretty much did nothing, yep I was whipped. I guess at 69; I ain’t quite as ‘sprie’ as I was at 68. :gerg

Garage Full of Machine Shop Tools and Equipment

A couple of days after the scrap yard episode, Rick the machine shop instructor wanted to take a little road trip south the college. A lady had called about her late husband had a garage full of machine shop equipment she wanted to gift to the college. Her husband had been the machine shop instructor at the college years ago. It was a short drive south of the college to their home.

I guess he had passed away over 10 years ago. It’s hard to let go of the stuff your loved ones cherished from the past. We did a preliminary inventory of the equipment. Apparently he was a all around guy; machinist, welder, fabricator, motorcycle rider, car racer, hunting/fishing, shop teacher. Sitting here, I think I remember that motorcycle. I may have rode with him years ago. Sad, the baby boomer generation is passing away, of which I’m a member.

The family is keeping the old Shovelhead Harley. I remember now that the guy’s wife said he painted the bike. Now that I think about, I may have rode with this guy back in the day. My memory is not so good anymore.

If U look at the right hand side ceiling, U see that old rolled up plastic material. I remember her saying he let it down to do his painting and keep the over spray off the equipment. The guy was multi-talented.

Fall Fire Pit

Kinda put a little fire pit together. It’s been too hot here, cooler today. Using this little out fit for a start.
D74D0ECA-1049-4DB3-B63C-7AE4B2A42360.jpeg
BE427FF0-256F-48FE-8D30-2A9B3CB20EF4.jpeg
I’ve been collecting some fire wood. Some of my best memories have been at motorcycle rallies hanging at the rally camp fires. Listening to biker stories and lies. :)

Back