• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Finding Their Way

Lewis and Clark had the latest in routeing devices. Missouri River long boats, compass, transit, and most important, Sacajawea. :thumb

The Late Jimi Jamison

Just saw the news that Jimi Jamison passed away. Was a fairly well known musician of note from Memphis. Theme songs from several hit TV shows and movies. Eye of the Tiger as the front man for Suriver in Rocky I. He was a neighbor of my good freind Leo Goff. 20 years ago I was over there with my R90 and Jimi came over and complimented me on it's good looks. Met him and thanked him for liking the bike. I think he rode motorcycles, but I never rode with him. Sad, to hear of his passing. 63 is just to young, the same age that my Father passed. I'm 61 and it really hits home. His music really inpired a generation to succeed.

Pyrimid downtown Memphis

Got to see the Pyrimid on a day to day basis during it's construction era. It was fasinating to watch as it had an unusual shape for such a large building. One of the last events held here was the Art of the Motorcycle. It's been empty and unused for several years. I think Bass Pro Shop is buying and occupying it.

Pics on the Mississippi River

This man could toss the freesbee up pretty high and it would track back to him; neat.

RiverTower Condos. Overlooks the Mississippi River on Riverside Drive. Back in the mid 70's our frauternity had their Orchid Ball here. Sigma Pi, Alpha Pi Chapter, Arkansas State University. 40 years has flown by pretty fast.

Pose Reinacted

Beale  Sreet 07-16-14 105.jpg
Ed and I were both good freinds of Ray Sowell. Ray was the first 1,000,000 BMWMOA mile award winner and has since passed away. I had Ed pose in the same spot as Ray did years ago for a leaving pic. Ray, David Adams, John Lyle, Ed, J.C. Blades, and I; along with a few others camped together as group at the old Bulow KOA campground for Daytona Bike Week; 1990-1999. John has since passed away, He earned the 300,000 pin and carried it on his KLR 650 for the last 100,000 years of his riding life. Anyway, it was good to see Ed and catch up on the latest events. He wasgetting back from a ride out west. Seeing him brought back a lot of pleasant memories from the Daytona days of the the 90's. Motorcycles were the common denominater that brought us all together.:thumb

English, punctuation, spelling, grammer, composition, proofreadin, ain't happenin

I just love going back and readin my riten. It amuses me to know end. John riding 100,000 years of his ridng life. He wan't a vampire. 100,000 miles, not years. John made many long trips on that KLR. Before that, over 300,000 miles on one R80. No telling how many miles on other BMW's and other brands. He rode a R80GS/PD for a short time. He was going to get a K75, got a R1100R instead. Wasn't overly impressed. Moved on to the KLR. He totally used up the R80 with over 300,000 miles, back over 20 years ago. Got the call, out of the Anonomous Book. I was the closest in the book. He broke down in Osceola, Ar.. I was about 50 miles away. Went and got him and carried him home to just outside Jackson, Ms.. It was out in the country. I knew John casually from many rallies around the area.He was usually standing by his bike in the evening at the local gas station or general store. Usually talking to other long distance riders about far away places and long rides. He rode all over the country, Canada, Alaska, Mexico, central America. Got several of his videos of those trips. He rode where I only dreamed of going. Taking him home, made me a friend of his for life. Got to meet his wife, too; perfect gracious lady.Allways wanted to do a long ride with him, but never got the chance. Ed, on this trip said this is his last long haul trip. Never got to do a ride with him either.Time is running out for me to ride with some of my long time friends who ride. It's sad. Just thought of John's home town. I believe it was Lena, Ms. What a great man and rider.

Back