• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Beale  Sreet 07-16-14 051.jpg
My buddy Steve Price, just back from a 10,000 mile summer trip on his K75. Up into Canada including Nova Scotia. Back into the states including the MOA National in St. Paul, lucky dog.

Beale  Sreet 07-16-14 052.jpg
I like Nortons. I just ain't man enough to ride and maintain one. I have a lot of respect for those who can. :brow

On the road again.

No, not on a bike ride. Hauled some freight up to Chicago last week, Niles actually. Got it delivered. Thought I would go to the local BMW dealer. I'd been to the old BMW of Chicago years ago, though I'd go to the current dealer, BMW of Countryside. finally found it on LaGrange Av. in Countryside. Had a nice visit, kinda connected to a car dealership. I guess it's a subsidirary of CJ Wilson Cycle sports. Several different buildings make up the dealership. They got a lot of used bikes. Looked thru their pile of T's and caps and got one of each. Dealt with Dan Sileo, good guy. My southern charm won them over. Dan threw in a couple of sidestand cozzy's and keychains. Nice, Thanks Dan. Took his suggestion and had lunch around the corner at the bowling ally. Headed south to Urbana, wanted to see what was happenin at Sportland BMW. Multiple brand dealer ensconced in several buildings. Neat to see a lot of different styles of bikes at one place. Found the current BMW Motorcycle Magazine, one of my favorite rags. Sandy does a nice job as editor of that mag. Got it, then went outside and took a few pics. Got John Ducey in one of the pics, good guy good dealer. Headed home.

Louisiana Purchase and Lewis and Clark Expedition

Across the street from Boomland is the park honoring these events. I asked the 2 clerks at Boomland about the park and the history it honored. Lewis and Clark, who? History has allways fascinated me, especially our own American history. Some folks are not as interested.

Back