• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

7 running N and S between 16 and 14 is good too. Like you said anything between is good riding. We stayed in Harrison for a 4 day weekend years ago and loved riding in the area.[/QUOTE

Ur right. I’m thinking of Highway 7 in the Ouachita’s and around Hot Springs. If U jump on 7 above I-40 or even Fouche Junction, U might enjoy the ride. I’m a little jaded as I’ve rode the whole state numerous times.
I’ve rode 7 from the border of Louisiana to Bull Shoals Lake and Diamond City. I don’t want to be a wet blanket on any one riding 7. Probably just trying to promote the Ozarks just south of Springfield. Now that I think about it; I’ve rode 7 from end to end both directions. Scenic7; go for it.:thumb

Don’t want to take anything away from southern Missouri and their Ozark hills. I’ve pretty much been all over those hills. A lot of it I covered going to rallies in Missouri. I attended the Missouri State, Falling Leaf, Trail of Tears. Been to their different rally sites and rode around the different sites. I really enjoyed all of it. I rode different routes to and from, rode the rides all around the rally sites. Good rides and good memories. :)

Bland, Mo. Falling Leaf Rally

Back in the late 80’s; I would ride to the rally on Friday. I would load my bike, ride then ride to work in Memphis, Tn.. Leave work at noon, then head north to Bland. The rally was in the Fall, before the Fall time change. It was usually well past dark when I arrived. Usually rode a lot of back roads; a lot of times thru the Mark Twain National Forests. In the daytime it was beautiful, after dark kinda eerie. I would arrive at the campground and usually camp on the outskirts of the rally site. I would walk thru the grounds, bikes, tents, campfires surrounded by rally goers. Walking thru looking for the few riders I might know. I would walk to a campfire, exchange pleasantries. After a bit move on to the fire and a new group. Where U from, what bike U riding, U in a local BMW club?

The Rally

I was charter member of the Naturally Beemers and we were a new club back then. Once in a while, I would meet up, with some of them. Worked a 1/2 of shift at work, rode my loaded bike 200 miles, put up my camp site/tent. Walked the campground, by now I was whipped. I’d sit down in front of my tent, Wow; I’m here. A few minutes later over the campground loud speaker; Barry Phillips, please report to the Rally HQ. What! I was just there; 30 minutes ago. Nobody knows me, from Adam. I looked out, it was so far; I could barely see it. Down the hill, on the camp road, up the trail to the rally HQ. :hungover

Walked up to the registration table, where some rally goers were standing. I’m Barry; what’s up? They came over and introduced themselves. We were looking over the last registrations. Ur the last to sign in and U listed the Naturally Beemers as Ur local club. Yep. We just recently joined. Good deal Guys, glad U signed up. Good to meet U, see Ya back in Ar.. Then they disappeared back into the dark. Back to my tent, I was out like a lite. Exhausted.zzzzzzzzz

Saturday at the Rally

Finally dragged out of the tent Saturday morning. Mozzied over to to the community coffee pot and got a cup. Seems like everyone here was an old timer. Most had come a couple days earlier; they were habitual regulars. Been coming here 5-10-15 years. Are U a newbie? Breakfast over at the Lions Club or maybe Rotary, could be the whatever club. Cold bacon and eggs. :stick Actually tastes pretty good. Some of the regulars said we had that yesterday, decided to ride over to a real restaurant for some good grub. ;)

Saturday, I walked the rally site, talking and visiting with attendees, checked out the new part venders and all the used part venders. The rally meeting was a big event. Which club had the most attendees. Who won all the big prizes. Cheers and groans as the winners were announced. That evening it was kind of quiet. Apparently Friday was the party night. Saturday night was for turning in early to get rested for the ride home. Live and learn. Sunday mourning, went to the mourning Bible devotional. The attendees had been leaving since just before daybreak; heading for home. Some coffee, take down the tent, pack the bike. Do a quick walk about; the place had really cleared out. Kinda sad it’s over. On the bike, usually taking a little different route home. Got the little rally pin on my cap. I was a confirmed rally rat. :brow

300 Mile Radius

For about 10 years that was my usual max riding distance for a weekend run to a BMW or motorcycle rally or event. It was a fun time in my life. I used the rides to visit well known historical and geographic sites in addition to the weekend event. I would ride in small groups, but I found I that it was better for me to be a lone rider. Less talking, discussion, organizing; and more time riding. Riding to the larger local rallies; example the Space Coast and the Falling Leaf, the last half of the trip I was riding with fellow rally attendees. I’m sure that lot of U were and are doing the same thing.

Bought the band a round of drinks on their break.
C40C6634-A306-463A-A5B0-F528CC017AA9.jpeg
8A3F19E1-0D36-4D61-B0F9-3558C1796613.jpeg
Before the band started up the next set, Glen brought over and gave me a couple of the bands CD’s. Thx, Glen.

Old School Blues, Country, Rockabilly, Beemers, Adult Beverages, Etc.

The area I live in has a quite a few little country bands playing in smaller little out a way venues. Most are covers of the earlier style American music. Example for me is Old Airport Club and ShakeRag. I get to ride my bike and listen to the local bands do these covers of the old classics. Every once in a while I get into the Memphis area and listen to one several groups that my buddy Leo Goff plays with. So riding one of my older Beemers, listening to early American music, usually enjoying some local cuisine (good pub grub). Life is Good; I’m blessed. :wave

Hmmm’; now that I look at it; What! Should it not be Boot Scoot’n Boogie? :dance Probably explains why my line dancing is out of sync. :banghead

Back