• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Back to ShakeRag, Tn.

8B68E302-F6E2-42BB-A79A-89AEFA95ED29.jpeg
3E8FCF1A-B7E6-4844-9977-CDCAEB26E13E.jpeg
Had nice little ride over to the Rag. Yep, the usual Hogs and Hondas. It’s really godsend to have a place to ride to and visit motorcyclists and bikers alike.

Shake Down Ride

Rode the R100R yesterday on a shake down run. I pretty much rode it all winter, but it needs a little freshening up/tune up. The ride was a pretty boring 80 miler around the county. Flat boring farmland. Still, riding that bike was a total blast. Riding along, saw oil bubbling up from the fork seal. Time to do the deal.
31EDF35D-CA03-4E8F-A4CA-668CD62E1B87.jpeg
From a distance, looks pretty good.

MOA Foundation Fundraiser

Got the letter yesterday. Very cool custom.
C304160D-5A95-4BA4-AF5D-E4EFDED2ACF2.jpeg
3E2AB1F5-D2C1-4E3C-A4AA-C2C6394AECAC.jpeg

May have to spring for a ticket or tickets. :groovy

Black Wolf Touring and Custom

AB05E2D4-3DE8-4838-B3A6-592750EDBBA9.jpeg
3CB6265B-67E7-45AD-B95B-A3049BFDBEF6.jpeg
Found my misplaced copy. My kinda custom; a bike I could spend the day riding and smiling. :clap

I like custom BMW motorcycles. Most tend toward cafe racers styles, with clip on bars and rear sets. Nice to see one with a little more normal riding stance. Just fits me a little more better. :brow

The Tallahathies at Old Airport

Was out last night to my usual haunt, the Old Airport Club. They had a good little trio of country boys from Oxford, Ms.
A9E716DF-753F-4963-B92B-4E7008A91425.jpeg
F6AF0C02-0028-4042-94A2-06BF1977D12F.jpeg

U can see the bass player in the mirror. Really enjoyed their performance.:thumb

MOA National

I’m kinda starting to plan my attendance to the National. Gotta get my R100R over to my tech for a tune up. Need to get my camping gear out for a check out. Lebanon, was my last one to attend. Planning my ride over. It’s been some time since I have ridden any distance, and camped out off a motorcycle. I’m a little apprehensive. I’ll be 70 in a little over a year. My current plan is a solo ride. I’m close enough; most likely I’ll be sorta riding with other rally attendee’s; heading to Springfield. This has been my experience riding to previous nationals.

Highway 14

080C7DAD-B91F-43ED-BCE4-7DFBDF6184CB.jpeg
Pick up Highway 14 at Mark Tree/Payneway and head west then northwest. Pass my hometown of Batesville, Ar. on the way. This is where the ride starts to get interesting. I’ve been over all these hiways and byways numerous times for many years. It’s been some time, so it’s kinda exciting.

GS Riders and Riders Who Ride Like GS Riders

If Ur riding 14 and want to get a little GS riding and camping on the way going/coming; a little ride off 14 down to Springcreek Campground is in order. It’s the site of the old Wilderness Rally. South side of Buffalo River between Harriett and Evening Star. Cool little ride down to the river. Done it many times on my street bikes. It does kinda scare some street riders. They have permanent portipotty’s on site.
DD5BB6CB-6E01-479D-B765-A6875A739BDE.jpeg

Northern Terminus of Hiway 14

If U enjoyed 14, there is a little dogleg just before crossing into Mo. with a short little ride to Table Rock Lake in Ar. The north end of Hiway 14.
FFA19272-1F17-4A61-BC75-6B0BE988EA14.jpeg

Sweet 16

DECC6CE1-0B26-4BC2-88E4-9E0C2F981EAE.jpeg
If U have the time riding to or from the rally, 16 is one of my favorite rides in Ar.. most of the roads between 14 and 16 qualify as good to great riding routes.

7 running N and S between 16 and 14 is good too. Like you said anything between is good riding. We stayed in Harrison for a 4 day weekend years ago and loved riding in the area.

7 Great road and too Much Traffic

Yes, 7 is great; the problem is it’s to well known. All the big motor homes and motor coaches use it. Ur stuck riding between these behemoths. Half the people driving them are totally incompetent. That includes them diving the little 4 wheeler cars their pulling. :banghead

Back