Page 255 of 256 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 3839

Thread: Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

I'm really proud that I got my picture taken with the famous 1950's Grand Prix racing Legend Walter Zeller. Wearing the Legends T-shirt really sets the picture up.

I see where Recycle Motorcycles recently sold this bike that Walter rode. Go to their web site and see it up close and personal. Glad I got to be in little bit of racing history.

After a couple of years the race series transitioned to R1100RS. Look at the top of this BMW Forum page. The purple R1100RS is one of the legends racers. I think it's a '95 model. There is a nice book dedicated to this race series. In depth look into the race series, the race tracks, racers, the bikes, etc.

Legends Race Pics

Quote Originally Posted by barryg View Post
    Attachment 53438
    Attachment 53439
    Attachment 53440
    Glad I got the oppurtunity to attend the race. Walter Zeller and the other greats. Neat series, it ran from '92-'96 at various race tracks. Nice promotion for BMW. If I remember correctly the crowd was a little underwelmed by the performance of the bikes. The next year they went to the new R1100RS. I believe that this was the only race that Zeller participated in.
    Back in the 1990's at Daytona Raceway

First Year Legends R100R

Attachment 53442
    This was one of the bikes used the first year. '92. They were kinda plain, no graphics.
    The first year R100R Legends racebike.

The Book

Attachment 53441
    Book by Don Emde. Found it on the sale at one of the BMW dealers on sale. Added it to my library of motorcycle books. I'm a sucker for a book on something that interests me.
    I got a copy. I thought it was kinda pricey. Was in a BMW dealership looking around for a bargain. Saw the discount table in the back. Found the book on the table with a substantial discount, snapped it up with a smile on my face.

Jb, see what happens when U ride a rare obscure old motorcycle to the National. Triggers a never ending stream of old bikes, old racers, old race tracks and old riders.

Legends T-Shirts

Attachment 55770
    Attachment 55771
    A couple more Daytona T's from the Spacecoast Club at Bulow campground. These feature the Legends Race. It was a neat way to promote BMW motorcycles and legendary motorcycles racers from the past. Over 20 years ago, time flies.
    Ram across these Legends T's.

Philip Johnson- BMW R100 Legends Bike

Attachment 67064
    Rode down to Daytona back in the mid 90's. Rode back with Philip Johnson on his Cool R100R Legend's bike. Nice guy, cool bike, excellent ride. Last I heard he and his wife had a Campground on the Blue Ridge, I guess their still there.
    I rode back west from Daytona, Philip on his Legends Race Bike; me on my R90.

The 1990 's Motorcycling Bliss

This seemed like my time of motorcycling bliss. I went to all of the Daytona Bike Weeks. 4 or 5 of the Daytona 200's
    I got to ride to 4 or 5 MOA National's, several RA Nationals. Rebuilt my R90 into a cool ride. Learned to do engine head work. I was riding almost every day. Commuting back and forth to work almost every day. Was active in 2 local BMW clubs and a couple of local vintage/classic clubs. Rode with several local patch clubs; any excuse to ride was my plan for the day, week, month. I had tags on my R50, R90, K100RT, R1100RS. I could'nt get enough; it was almost like a drug addition, only good. Great memories of the 1990's.

Wagner Motosports-- Worcester, Ma.

Stopped in Worcester to visit the BMW dealer. Nice place. Open house in full swing. Food, drink, specials, great folks, beautiful bikes, band playing on the patio. They be jammin.

As a Saturday visitor to this dealership, I give them Had a good time and they gave me a free dealership T on the house. I think it was the charming southern accent that did it. Thx guys.

While at the dealer a nice older gent was there to get the 1st service done on his new 6 cyl. Bagger. He really was loving the bike. They brought it of the shop for a test ride
    Whoa man, what is that I hear. He was smilin, ear to ear. Oh, I had them install a Remus before I picked up the bike new, with that grin on his face. It really sounded good at idle. I have no idea what it sounded like at speed or under acceleration. It sounded good at idle. It looked good in that flat black sticker out from under the bags. You go guy.

Well as a club we may be losing the young riders, but a lot of the old members are regaining their youth buying these cool new BMW models. I guess if I bought one of those new Urban GS models I could knock off a few years in age. I definately would if the wrinkles would disappear and the color came back in my hair.

I'm out and about in Pa.. Rollin west on I-78 stopped in Frystown for a break. Dawned on me I had passed a dealer back up the road. Hermy's in Port Clinton. It's on the north side of I-82 a few miles up the road on Route 61. It's exit 29 on I-82. This is an old dealership, I guess it goes back to the days of mom and pop dealerships in the 50's when BMW was glad to open a dealership just about anywhere in the US.