• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Bikes on Beale Tonight 7- 30-14

More pics of Beale Street Bike Night. I wanted to show Peter Guldan kick starting his '47 Chief and Pat Williams starting his, I believe '58 HD Sportster. Both started on the 2nd kick.:bow

Beale Street, not on Bike Nite

Needed to hook up with Leo to deliver my rim and frame on the CBB project. He was playing at Wet Willy's Daquiri Bar With Eric Hughes. Yesterday was the day. Got the stuff delivered. Sit in on a session and walked around Beale. A little strange not being Bike nite.

Beale  Sreet 07-16-14 036.jpg
Eric and Leo on the warmup set. Very nice and bluesy. Eric did a tribute rendition of one of W.C. Handy's 1909 tune, about Beale St. 'If Boss Crump don't like it ain't goin to happen 'round here'. A little before my time, but it was pure Blue's.

Beale  Sreet 07-16-14 035.jpg
Got thease music notes all over Beale. Back in the 80's listened to Sid all the time up at the old North End on Main and Jckson. Thought those days would never end. Will reenact where I parked my bike in those days up there.

Beale  Sreet 07-16-14 034.jpg
Another note, anyone recognize this act. Jake and Elwood. I'm lol now thinkin bout that movie. More Memphis music, Duck Dunn and Steve Cropper of the MG's. Were gettin the Band back together.:D:bow

Beale  Sreet 07-16-14 046.jpg
The number of cars and bikes built out of this little shop is mind boggling. Marshall has been buliding out of this shop since the 50's. Drag cars, road race cars, custom cars, hot rods, street rods, all types of motorcycles any thing with an engine. Many have been show winners at many different venues. Marshall is a living legend in Memphis. Thx Marshall for all the help, can't wait for the lessons in painting the CBB.

Beale  Sreet 07-16-14 047.jpg
Went to one of her concerts here about 25 years ago, John Cougar Mellencamp was an unanounced guest on the stage for one set. Great night of music. :dance:thumb

Back