• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

More Bygone Days

20/25 years ago? Some time ago, anyway. At the old BMW dealership in Little Rock. My cousin, Sarah Kaden owned this /2. I thought she wouldn’t mind me sitting on it and getting my picture taken. Yep, smiling again. Gotta do that more often. BMW motorcycles make me smile.

Honda CB1100

F2229BF1-000B-4D03-A722-9D1C7AFF7EAE.jpeg
Saw this Honda at the dealership; I meant to get a pic of the bike with the rider. I guess I had a case of the sloes. I like a a plain bike with a potent engine. The bike has a clean look, harkening back to the old CB 750 from the late 60’s.

A case of the slows. :dunno Can’t spell, can’t write, can’t sing, can’t dance, can’t play an instrument. :gerg
Back over to Leo’s today and make more progress on the R90.

Oh, Happy Day

Got up this mourning and got a call. Leo, my super wrench was calling; Barry, your R90 is ready. :german:bow:dance:hug:clap:bliss. Oh, happy day. A little later got a cal from Roland, a BMW vender. Barry, your lost check came in and your saddle bag nerf bars are in the mail. Wow! :bow:rocker:lol:rofl:nod:):wow:wave. Thank U Lord, patience pays off.

Celebration

Sitting down at the end of the alley, at Big Guns BBQ drinking cold beer and listening to BB King. Life is good.:brow:drink

Patrick Jones — Owner

F57FCC10-255E-46F2-AE06-F0ACDD541AD9.jpegE3995218-CF92-4841-B822-230CBEAA77B2.jpeg
Prepping the wood for the fire pit. Select grade of certain wood. Good mix. Even with a spitter, this is hard work; Patrick makes it look easy.

Loading Wood in the Fire Pit

C9C96725-2C28-4269-A907-2BC040A74D29.jpeg
Pretty neat watching Pat build the coal pile for the next big fire. Wood stacked in a specific sequence. Center of the fire pit gets’s a little extra fire for a good burn.

Patrick gets it ready in the evening; Willy picks it in the mourning. Puts the meat on for processing. Then takes it up, lays it out for his own addition of dry rub. Covers it in plastic wrap to continue the steaming of the meat for tenderness. I asked Willy about his dry rub seasoning. Barry, if I told Ya; I’d have to kill Ya.:bolt OK, I’ll pass. Willy also cuts it up into ribs and short ribs.

E73AEC6D-3E0A-4E82-8669-D908B0920F42.jpeg
Willy adding his special dry rub seasoning. Then he cuts the meat into ribs, rib tips, baby back ribs. Then he wraps it in plastic wrap and let’s it self cook for about an hour. It tenderizes the meat.

Back