• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Bikes on Beale May 21

Silver Snail wasn't impressed with the Indian Chief; I was. Really like Dennis's Eldo police bike. Me sitten on on his Eldo. Kinda felt like Dirty Harry, What's it going to be, Punk!? :D Marshall gettin all the attractive ladies sitten on his very nice /2 sidecar outfit. Gene and his son on the '78 Ducati twin 500, nice. Perfect night for Beale St.. This is a nice event for anyone wanting to ride to a weekly event and see some really nice bikes.

Huey's on Madison Av. Memphis

Seems of late I'm allways riding north of Memphis on the bluffs along the river. Shelby Forrest Store, Shake Rag, Winery. This ride was to old haunts in Memphis, Midtown. Overton Square was the happening area 70's, 80's. Huey's was one of those happening places back in the day. Good pub grub. Their hamburgers are highly rated. Had a lot of good times on this street years ago. All kind of events, Irish Pub Crawl was big. 1000's walking west from Overton Square to downtown. I was young and stupid and loved to do it. The toothpics are blown thru straws into theceiling. If you go; ask, they will bring you a cup full picks and straws to do the deal. Once a year the straws are removed counted and money donated to charity by the club to the zoo. Huey's Mid-town the original 1915 Madison. Music 4:00 & 8:30 Sundays 2 different bands Free :thumb

Straws?

They count the toothpicks not the straws. Who counts the straws, nobody. Fun to blowgun them toothpicks into the ceiling. :bolt

Friends in Low Places

I hang out here with Garth Brooks. Back over 20 years ago when I was on the vintage car racing team, our operation moved from one side of town, Memphis, to another. I was riding my R90 back then. Anyway I used to ride by this place commutin back and forth to work. There were allway 4 or 5 Harleys park there and a lot of the times a whole lot more than that. I started stoppin in after work. Come to find out, it was more or less the biker club bar for a couple of local patch clubs. I got to be regular. They liked me and allways invited me to ride with them. Several clubs wanted me to patch with them. Allways profusely thanked them, but allways declined. Those folks live a totally different lifestyle. Thats me with owner, Hammer. I'm the tall dark handsome one. Well tall anyway.

RA National No Show

I had hoped to attend the RA National at Barber this weekend, but I had responsibilities at home. My buddy Marshall called from the rally. He was set up selling used parts. A riding buddy from '98, the Missoula MOA National was asking about me. Leo Stanton from Pa. was inquireing about where I was. Marshall figured out it was me he was asking about. Got me on the phone to Leo. Had a nice quick conversation. Really made my day. The people you meet riding on the rode and at rallies become part of your extended family. Leo if you find this thread besure to find my CBB thread in the South Regional. You will enjoy it as you have a nice original R90. :wave

Back