• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

1985- Bicycle to Motorcycle

Had a buddy back in the 70's and early 80's and we ran around together. One day he rode up on a pristene perfect '70 R50/5. Wasn't long and he was telling me to buy the silver R50 from his dad. I liked the idea, but a motorcycle; danger Will Robinson. Was riding my Schwinn Contenintal II north on the service road next to I-55. Wind was out of the south, blowin steady. I was riden pretty fast, my hands never touched the handlebars. I rode in a upright postion and used my torso as a sail. It was perfectly quiet, I think I was averaging over 30 mph. Great, till I turned around and headed south. Hard pedaling, the wind noise was even worse. On that ride, was when I made the decision, Buy the Bike. :clap:bow:groovy:brow

It's funny after all these years, I'm ridin my old beater bike. Feels good to get out and get some excersize, stretch the legs. Yea, it wasn't anything really special evan back in '78, but it took me a lot of places and gave me a lot of joy. Glad I kept it and the R50/5. Lots of 2 wheel fun in the past, the present and still more to come.

Rams April meeting campout

Tomorrow Sat. April 12 at Village Creek State Park just outside of Wynne, Ar..

Silver Bullet rides again

Some of the attendees, mostly members of the RAMS and the Naturally Beemers. One special attendee, the '71 Silver Bullet. My partner in collusion of a great ride. :thumb

Ist Bikes on Beale St. 2014

Bike Nite starts tonight on Beale St. Guess I'll Drag the Silver Bullet out and ride over. Some call it the Silver Snail. OK, Fair enough. It runs and I got a tag and insurance. Gotta get going. :groovy

Last night on Beale St.

Pat Williams on his '59 Sportster XLCH. I think I'm right on that, I'm no expert on Harley's. Pat restored the bike over the winter. Green seafoam green is a Porsche specific color. Pat owns and runs his own German automobile repair and performance shop in Memphis. Specializes in Porsche's and manages a very successful Porsche racing team.

West Memphis Airport and Cessna

This is Rick Coffmann and his Cessna and his hanger in the background. I hope I have listed the proper year and model. This is where I have spent many Friday afternoons working on motorcycles with our little gang of minions. It's my official therapy rehab hideout. Thx much Rick. :thumb

I was late gettin over to the hanger last Friday. About the only thing I accomplished was the pic of Rick and the plane. Saturday, I adjusted the R50/5's valves and installed new sparkplugs. Used NKG's for the first time. The old plugs looked pretty worn; they were still the right color, not sooty or oily. Sunday rode over to the winery for some R&R. Showed Perry where he, his R100RS, and his winery made the MOA forums on my thread. Said he would probably join the MOA. The bike ran like a top. The Silver Snail was a little more Silver Bullet. Just a little. :laugh

Back