• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Left the forrest heading south to Memphis. Pretty good day, but something was missing. I headed to my old standby downtown bar and grill on Main Street, Westy's.
IMG_3286.jpg
IMG_3291.jpg
They were open and they had what I was looking for.:)

Hot Fudge Pie-Super Deluxe Ala Mode

IMG_3293.jpg
IMG_3294.jpg
IMG_3295.jpg
I turned it one way, then another; just admiring it supreme elegance, shape, texture; it looked heavenly.
Then-

I sat back and relaxed, totally contented. Rubbed my belly. Drank a glass of ice water to wash it down, slid off my high stool chair and waddled out the door with a smile on my face. What a day. :dance

Memphis Art Work

These art pieces were on the wall at Westy's.
IMG_3298.jpg
Dewey 'Daddy-O' Phillips Dewey was a famous Memphis DJ, played the first record of Elvis on the radio. People were calling the radio station asking if Elvis was white or black. He answered that the vocalist attended a certain High school. That told everyone he was white, Memphis was segregated at the time.
IMG_3299.jpg
W.C. Handy- Memphis Blues pioneer that made Beale Street famous.
IMG_3300.jpg
B.B. King A true music Legend.

Many years ago I went to the original Gus's in Mason, Tn.. I liked it. So, I was expecting to to like it downtown. I didn't. Might just be me.
IMG_3322.jpg
IMG_3320.jpg
I got the special on the out side board.

I might go back in a few months and try the white meat. I may have came on an off day.
IMG_3337.jpg
I did like the wall art, but I came for a tasty lunch meal.

IMG_3377.jpg
IMG_3378.jpg
The Pier, at one time the down town hot spot. Packed every night. Now empty. It seems Memphis can only support one happening place at a time.:)

Harbor Town

IMG_3381.jpg
IMG_3382.jpg
IMG_3385.jpg
The park in front of Harbor Town, perfect for a picnic and watch the Mississippi River just roll on by.

Back