• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

IMG_2950.jpgIMG_2911.jpg
Keith told me he comes over from downtown Memphis in his wheelchair to Pancho's once a week to get a Margarita. Good for him. It looked good, but I had a glass of tap water and a lemon.

Thanks for the ride a longs:wave

Had to chuckle at pic #3472, warning of crop dusters under trail rules...still picturing how bad that can be having been dusted years back as I ill timed an approaching cotton level yellow spray pilot on a badkroad.

That trailway looks interesting, San Antonio keeps growing one that ties to others including sections of the Riverwalk

Living over here in east Arkansas, I've been crop dusted more than a couple of times; not good. I know most riders blast thru this area in an effort to get to the cool places, can't blame'em. But, if by chance you are in the area for what ever reason, there are a few interesting places one might visit and find informative, funny, neat, interesting, etc.. I've gotta an old '78 Schwinn Continental II and I plan on riding it from Marion to Memphis and back on the BRT and BRC. Something, really just now possible. I just need to get a couple of new tubes installed, do the ride and complete a 40 year dream. Ps And get myself in bicycle riding shape to do it. :)

Pancho's Mexican Restaurant-West Memphis, Ar.

3600 E. Broadway at the corner of MLK Blvd. It's just a few minutes from either I 55 or I 40. Broadway is also Highway 70 in West Memphis, for reference. The BRT trailhead is just across the street.
IMG_2948.jpg
IMG_2955.jpg
This figure is out front. Bicycle and rider or motorcycle and rider.:)
Across the street is the Trailhead, in background.

Music Tour-History

Back to the local Music Tour. Before Pauncho's, this was the site of a famous local night club. The Plantation Inn. P.I.
IMG_2951.jpg
IMG_2952.jpg
Back in the day Memphis was run by Edward Hull 'Boss' Crump. Some time mayor and full time Boss. What he said was the law. For about 40 years he was the most influential political crony in Tennessee. At 12:00 Mid Night all bars and drinking establishments in closed. Period. The all night drinkers and parties headed across the river to West Memphis to P.I. And other night clubs. This end of town had an all night Black club and an all night Country and Western club. It was party city, back in the day. :dance

Living over here in east Arkansas, I've been crop dusted more than a couple of times; not good. I know most riders blast thru this area in an effort to get to the cool places, can't blame'em. But, if by chance you are in the area for what ever reason, there are a few interesting places one might visit and find informative, funny, neat, interesting, etc.. I've gotta an old '78 Schwinn Continental II and I plan on riding it from Marion to Memphis and back on the BRT and BRC. Something, really just now possible. I just need to get a couple of new tubes installed, do the ride and complete a 40 year dream. Ps And get myself in bicycle riding shape to do it. :)

Native SE Arkansan, though job promotion for my dad had us Beverly Hills move to Houston in 1961 .He worked at barge terminal in Ark City in the late 50's. Born in Dermott, lived in McGehee. Try to pass by our old house my dad had expanded for growing family when anywhere near. Met the owners two summers back...who remembered my dad and all those kids when they bought the house. They welcomed me in and showed me the house I barely recall. Very cool moment my oldest sisteris still mad at me for going alone.

Anyways, lot's of worn down small towns in mid America and I always slow down and check as many as possible out.
Have nodded my head at some of your stops:thumb

Yeah,bicycle shape requires some time in saddle for sure!

Beverly Hills move; that's funny. Our family moved a bunch, when we were young. Back and forth between between Arkansas and Wichita twice. We were like gypsy's. We lived in Garland County, Hot Springs seven years. We lived in 4 different houses. The first three were shacks, all now long gone. One rotted down, and two burned down. We were long gone by then. Two houses my Parents owned growing up are still standing, one in Derby, Ks 1950's and the other Hot Springs 1960's Both still in good shape and recognizable as the homes we lived in.
I've been to all the county seats in Arkansas. Been thru Dermont and McGehee many times. Been to all them towns in SE Arkansas. Lake Village, Arkansas City, Monticello for example. Beautiful part of the state. Been to the WWII Japanese internment camps, Rohwer and Jerome. Thanks for your kinds comments. Barry

Arkansas BMW Memoribilia

IMG_3092.jpg
Love riding in all parts of Arkansas. The Great Arkansas Tour was the county seat tour. The Six Corners Tour, Shake Rag Rally, The many Hot Springs, Wilderness and Natural State Rallies. All of the rides and getogathers with the Naturally Beemers. We organized the Naturally Beemers in 1988; seems like yesterday. Arkansas is a Natural, ride and enjoy. :dance
IMG_3089.jpg

Southeast Arkansas

IMG_3089.jpg
That's' better. Somebody asked Samuel Clements, what he thought about Arkansas City. He said, 'It's one hell of a place.' I guess that could describe all of Arkansas. :)

The Great Arkansas Tour took me about 14 months to complete. I meant to be the first one to complete the the Six Corners Tour, but my work schedule did not cooperate. I think I was the 4th or 5th finisher. Neither of these state tours were really designed as a race to be the first to complete them; they were set up to get the members to ride to all parts of the state. I was active in the club for over 20 years. Family health issues curtailed my club activitities. Sometimes life just gets in the way. :banghead

Love the names of some of the towns in this area. Montongo, Back Gate, Mist, Ross Van-Ness, Old Milo. Where Ya from Dude. Ross Van-Ness. You idiot, I asked where Ya hailed from, not your name. :scratch

Crossroads Cafe- West Memphis

I know Pancho's won't be a favorite choice for everyone to eat if you happen to go down to the Trail Head to look around. Another little mom/pop family restaurant is fairly close.
IMG_3053.jpg
Pretty nice little family diner. I've featured it on this thread before.
109 S. Worthington Dr. Just off Missouri. 870 735 3800 Good place for breakfast or lunch.

Camping on the Mississippi River

Yes it's possible, Tom Sawyer Park. Just south of the Trailhead and Pancho's Restaurant is Tom Sawyer's RV Park.
IMG_3055.jpg
IMG_3057.jpg
IMG_3060.jpg

I got permission at the office to go on property to take some pics.
IMG_3061.jpg
Met this couple on the way out. They said they really liked camping here. They were extending their stay a few days. The're from one of the Carolinas and wanted to avoid the coming of Hurricane Florence. I understand that.

Back