• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Pandora's European Motorsports

4301 Highway 58
Chattanooga, Tn. 37416
Ph 423 468 4104
Cell 770 403 7986

Enjoyed my visit. Look forward to a return visit and play pin the bike on the race track. :thumb

IMG_1374.jpg

Took a freight run over to Tyler, Tx., then backtracked to Shreveport, La.. Stopped in at Shreveport Cycles. They carry BMW, Indian, Kawasaki.
IMG_1381.jpg
IMG_1388.jpg
IMG_1407.jpg
Front door, door mat.

Fast Kawasaki's

IMG_1383.jpg
IMG_1384.jpg
Ninja 1400. Cool looking. Just too much bike for me.
IMG_1387.jpg
This is a bike I could ride. Z900. I, also like seeing the engine. :thumb

IMG_1404.jpg
IMG_1403.jpg
Hooked up with Spencer 'Shellback' Hollingsworth, General Manager. Shellback is an old Navy nickname from his time at sea and crossing the equator; or something like that.

Thx Guys, as usual a great visit. Like I always say, keep up the good work. :thumb
2529 E. 70th St. Shreveport, La. 71105
318 317 4025

The Pelicans

I'm a history buff, American history, American Civil War era history. One story envolved a southern soldier in the Army of Northern Virginia. The battles were large with a lot of troop movement and a lot battlefield casualties. After the battles a lot of the units were so decimated, units would be combined to bring the outfit back up to battle status. A lot of the soldiers became separated from their original outfits. This particular soldier was a Virginian. He became separated from his outfit. Higher command assigned him to a Louisiana outfit. He was totally bewildered. They spoke French and Spanish dialect, Cajun and Creole. He didn't understand anything they were saying. When he asked the name of the outfit, it was the Fighting Pelicans. Seeing that flag on that T-shirt kinda brought back that memory. By the way, after the next battle the soldier found his way back to his original outfit. Good for him. :thumb

BMW Customs

Was reading the K Bike forum. Guy wants to modify his K75S to a cafe racer. That's fine. Will try to show pics of my R90/6 in some of it's incantations. One of the renditions I like the most is the one after I did a pretty much rebuild, an econo ressurection.
IMG_0956.jpg
Poor pic, but you get the idea. Small tank, rack, small trunk. Windjammer. The bike was a little ratty and ragged, but fairly well maintained mechanically; 1988.
IMG_0963.jpg
A little ragged, but a strong runner, none the less.
IMG_0958.jpg
Added Krauser bags, I was off an running. Runs, Rides, Rallies. I was having the time of my life. I was quitting my eyes is the western sitting sun.

IMG_0985.jpg
I may have been one of the first Hi-Vis riders. Caught Hell from my Harley and BMW riding buddies. I didn't care; I always did my thing; come Hell or Hi-water. When I rode with my Harley buds, I rode with to much safety gear. When I rode with the BMW riders, I didn't wear enough. I finally figured out different gear for both crowds. Motorcycling was more complicated than I knew. :scratch
IMG_0986.jpg
My BMW riding buddy's pristine '75 R90/6. He was an expert at riding dirt bikes. Needless to say we rode more gravel roads than paved one. He led, he saw a gravel road, he was off down it. Needless to say my riding skills improved exponentally, I mean fast. I had to, just to keep up.
IMG_0962.jpg
Wilderness Rally Campground, about 1000 foot drop down a gravel road to the Buffalo River. We always went down after dark, no sense doing it in the daytime when we could see. That's just the way it was back then. I couldn't/wouldn't do it now. The rear rack broke off on on of these rides. The oem was now toast, I moved on to a Brown. I see I was carrying an aluminum foot to put down. I was to stupid to add the string to the foot and lay it over the handlebar. After losing a few of these, I finally added the string. I never lost another one. I'm a slow learner, but I do learn. :dunno

I also procured a large tank to match my buddy. We could now fuel in sequence with each other. Before, I was always in a panic about running out after dark on those isolated gravel roads way back in the Ozarks and Ouchita Mountains. He always outran me. He'd always say don't worry about. I'll figure it out and come back and find you. Will drain gas from my big tank into yours. Yes, but it's only usually 2:00 am at night and I'm usually whipped. Why can't we leave early in the mourning and get to the camp ground in daylight. It would be so easy to set up the camp and tents with sun light. Nah, that's to easy, we're on an adventure.
Well, that's the way it was the first years of my riding, camping and rallies. :banghead

Was hitting the rally scene on a regular basis. I did a lot of maintenance, but my riding was outstripping it. Everyone told me, Barry, park it, junk it, part it out. No, it's a diamond in the rough. Time for dissasembly and rebuild. Most of my Bud's just shook their heads in disbelief. Off to dissasembly.
IMG_0964.jpg
I see I had added a stronger rear rack by now. The bike was just a mismatch of add on parts. I had been to a lot of BMW rallies, l knew what I wanted. A lot of work, wrenching, highs and lows were coming my way. Time to knuckle down and do the deal.:)

For the sake of convenience, I skipped a lot of the build. The slow comeback to reassembly.
IMG_0974.jpg
IMG_0975.jpg
Making progress. I was so excited. The bike was down for a year. I learned patience and preserverence.

Back