• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

IMG_0690.jpg
Marshal poses his subjects for proper eating pics. :)
IMG_0696.jpg
IMG_0694.jpg
Eating is a southern art form. We got it down pat, Ya'll.

Cleaning-Wax-Polish

IMG_0709.jpg
We learned all the new modern techniques to spiff up our bikes.
IMG_0703.jpg
This snake oil really works, Y'all. Just kidding. It was a good presentation.

Shane's Garage

IMG_0702.jpg
Thx Shane, you have a cool Garage and some really cool bikes. Your a great host.
The Winter Blau meets are a really great way to get thru the winter. I like living in fly over country.

European Police Fenders

I see articles from time to time where a guy/gal buys a new bike to them. They text the members about what they need to add to their bike as something really needed or useful or something to dress it up. I was out in my shop the other day and saw these Euro Police fenders sitting there. Thought they might be interesting to discuss for anyone wanting to dress up an Airhead, pretty much bolt on for twinshock air heads from '74-'84'. Not GS's or R65's.
IMG_0739.jpg
They are considerably longer on both ends and on the backside they wrap in for fuller coverage. If you have a nice street bike and you want to give the bike more protection from road grime and debris this fender works and I think they look cool. I think their still available from the dealer new and used ones show up from time to time on the web.
IMG_0745.jpg

'83 r100

IMG_0757.jpg
This bike is a good candidate for that fender. I've been wanting to put a nice R100 on the road for touring. 6.3 gallon big tank, twin front disc, rear drum brake, Reynolds Racks, San Jose fork brace. This period bike has a lot of great features for modern touring. 40mm Bings, big valves, kinematic shifter, updated tranny, 60 hp. Also a good candidate for updated brake lines, floating discs, dual plugs, updated cylinder kits for 70hp; all it takes is a bigger pocketbook. I've got a BMW windshield kit, now do I need S or C bars with heated hand grips? Gotta get ready for the rally season.

More Reynolds-Hitch

K100 hitch from 1985-90. #740
IMG_0769.jpg
IMG_0774.jpg
Kinda, well make that really rough. I will have to refurbish it, but it is useable. I plan to use it with my K100. I plan to attend some rallies in the future where I will use the rallies as a base camp. I want to take a larger tent, one I can stand up in. I will probably need a trailer to carry it.

IMG_0773.jpg
I thought it was kinda odd that they stamped the ID twice on the hitch. Seems like they would have stamped Reynolds somewhere on the part.

IMG_0784.jpg
I've got the BMW fender extension and the extension has a slight interference with the hitch. I remember seeing that years back. Since I will have to do some refurbishing anyway, I may look at extending the hitch a few inches longer. It' always something when U add something.

When I said I saw that years back; I meant on other rider's bikes that had the Reynolds hitch with the fender extension. The fender extension was always just a little out of whack/pushed over by the hitch. It wasn't my bike, but you would think Reynolds would have saw that and made a mod to the hitch. I guess I'm too particular about some things. Oh well. :dunno

Reynolds Airhead Hitch

IMG_0778.jpg
Ran across this Airhead Hitch. Since I'm doing some old Reynolds stuff, might as well do the Airhead Hitch. If you see an Airhead at a rally 9 times out 10 it's a Reynolds. The're simple and they work.
IMG_0779.jpg
ID # 700 stamped on the support braces. This Hitch assembly needs to be chromed.

/7 Seatpan

Was out in the garage the other day and stumbled over this rough stripped down seat pan. Got to looking at it a little closer.
IMG_0804.jpg
IMG_0803.jpg
This /7 seat pan had a little storage compartment under the front of the seat pan. It even had a latched and hinged little door. The compartment was big enough for my hand to fit in. :scratch Got me to thinking.

/7 Seatpan

IMG_0798.jpg
IMG_0792.jpg
IMG_0793.jpg
I don't think this was one of BMW's better ideas. Probably pretty hard on the family jewels. I've rode thousands of miles on my /6 with a standard seat, I don't think I could do the same on this seat. :dunno

Seat

View attachment 66584
View attachment 66585
View attachment 66586
I don't think this was one of BMW's better ideas. Probably pretty hard on the family jewels. I've rode thousands of miles on my /6 with a standard seat, I don't think I could do the same on this seat. :dunno

Your not supposed too put the jewels in the mail box like thing! My original/7 seat much better than the Corbin that I have for same bike, and 1,000 times better than the Corbin on my oil head. My original /7 seat missing grab rail, the bike came from Arkansas so if you have it I want it back! Just kidding pm me if you have an extra one, you seem to have a bit of miscellaneous stuff around.

Back