• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

River Fishing Camp at Flood Stage

Picture 5142.jpg
Picture 5143.jpg
Where's the bank?
Picture 5144.jpg
The life of a river rat. The people who live in the fishing camps are a different breed of cat. I've fished this spot many times back in my fishing days. Caught a lot of crappie and bream here. You don't fish it at flood stage.

Last 2 Pics

From top of the levee; inside the levee is the flood and out the leeve all is normal. I live in Marion and part of my property tax is a levee fee to maintaihe levee. Without the levee, our property is in the flood zone of the Mississippi River. At the same time I've almost been flooded out by the water not being able to get to the river. Strange,but true.
Picture 5184.jpg
This gate is locked to most. A select few have keys to all the crossings. Many years ago my late Father had all those keys. My father was a well known hunter in the area and someone of prominence hooked him up. you can see the flood water on one side and dry land on the other.

St. Francis Levee District

Picture 5187.jpg
Picture 5186.jpg
Picture 5188.jpg
This a very powerful organization in this area; This is across the street from the Southland Gaming and Racing facility in West Memphis, Ar.. You can see it from I40/I-55. I've allways wanted the levee road open so we motorcycle riders could use it as a scenic hiway along eastern Arkansas. This would open 100's of miles of scenic riding. But I guess it's not to be.

Ride, Eat ,Look, and Listen

Like I said most folks are blitzing thru the Memhis, West Memphis, Marion area on their way to the lakes, mountains and the rivers of western Ar., no problem with that. But if you stop and get gas in West Memphis and you got a little extra time, after you fuel up ride a little north maybe 10 minutes and visit a little rustic hamlet of Mound City and step back into the time of Indians, Spanairds, Louisiana Purchase, Trail of Tears, Old South, Civil War, Sultana diaster, history of American music in Marion and West Memphis. While you're here flip your radio over to KWEM 93.3 FM West Memphis, you'll be glad you did.
Picture 5197.jpg
Picture 5198.jpg
It really did happen here. And spread all over the old US of A.

Back to The River Chute

Picture 5205.jpg
Picture 5201.jpg
Picture 5202.jpg
Water receding. I couldn't live like this. Some times it floods several times a year, Sometimes it's months on end like this. Flooting house up and down. The smell has got to be annoying. Walking up and down those steps in a house on stilts. The endless clean up of the flotsam and jetsam. :hungover

1974 BMW R90/6 Head

Picture 5208.jpg
Picture 5210.jpg
Picture 5209.jpg
Reworked R90 head. I did the head 15 years ago. I may have posted it allready. Looking for some parts I need, I ran across it. BMW airhead is a real work of art. I really admire the simple the simple mechanical designand at the same time it's like a work of art unto itself. But really it's just a another very important part of the comple engine and and of the whole complete motorcycle. :thumb

Timeserts Installed

I'm probably the 3rd or 4th owner. I really don't know.
Picture 5211.jpg
Picture 5212.jpg
Smewhere along the line some spark plugs were installed without the proper antisieve compounnd applied to the threads. I fixxed it with some correct size timeserts. Nice fix and a head ready for installation. :thumb

Tulsa BMW- Oklahoma

Picture 5227.jpg
Out running the hiway haulin freight. Took a load to Tusa, time to stop in and see the guys at BMW Motorcycles of Tulsa, Ok..
Picture 5226.jpg
Nice bikes on display outside.
Picture 5228.jpg
This customer said is happy with his GS. :thumb

Iron Lightning

Picture 5229.jpg
Makes me think it's a American Harley shop. Seems like I remember years back they sold custom American made V-twins. :)
Picture 5231.jpg
R1200R :thumb My kinda bike.
Picture 5233.jpg
Danial Swartwood- sales; yes Danial we both agree that is one cool R9T or I really should say 2 cool R9t's. :dance

Lousisville BMW/H/D

Took aload up to Davenport, Ia, then one over to Elkhart, In., then a load down to Louisville. got that done then over to BMW of Louisville. I guess I shouds say Louisville H/D.
Picture 5251.jpg
Cool
Picture 5252.jpg
Cool. Some kind of Heritage, Springer, Softail, then about 6 letters. Old style beetle bags fit the bike. :thumb
Picture 5258.jpg
Blondes make the best tech's, I mean wrench's. Whatever. :wave

Picture 5259.jpg
There was a time when I would do the deal on my bike. Now it would be in my Lazyboy recliner at home. :)
Picture 5254.jpg
Pretty K1200RS Swoopy. Did I say that? Yes I did.

F700gs

Picture 5255.jpg
Picture 5256.jpg
In my dreams I'm touring the country in my fully optioned out K1600GTL. In reality, I'm smillin all the way to the bank on a F700 like this. I believe in 10 years both will be about the same price in the Nada book. And I can pick this bike up, which is a positive for me. :thumb Love the Sakhir Orange Metallic. For some reason like a dummkopf, I thought it was red. :scratch

Cape Girardeau, Mo. Bridge over the mighty Mississiippi.

Picture 5264.jpg
Nice looking bridge.
Got some freight runs and ended up in Marion, Il. Took off to Cape to visit the Grass Roots dealer. See what's new or old.
Picture 5269.jpg
First things first. The Steel Drum Band from SEMO U. was playing across the street.
Picture 5268.jpg
As per usual they was really good.

A Little Festival across the Street.

Picture 5272.jpg
Grass Roots BMW in the background.
Picture 5274.jpg
Nice little family event. Music, food, vendors. :)

Back