Page 154 of 175 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2621

Thread: Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

IMG_0265.jpg
    Don Quales came by for a visit. Drank about a gallon of water to hydrate himself. Then off to Little Rock for a doctor's visit.

You've met my buddy Ron Wiginton before. Doing some simple machining for me, doing sreet and racing heads. Building complete street and racing engines in a variety of cars. Many years ago Ron did a lot of work for Lunati Cams, now he's working at Bullet Cams in several capacities. Rebuilding old cam grinding machines that will be modernized to the computer age and any other machining machining job as needed. The other day he was on a CNC cam grinding machine as one of the regular cam grinder machinists was off with medical issues. He knocked all the cam blanks out in quick fashion. They were impressed. He told me it was like old times at Lunati. They have a computerized camshaft doctor to get all the demensions off any camshaft. Such as cam lobe geometry, lift, duration, spherical shapes that control valve actuation in the head. He wanted to get a cam out of one of my spare airhead engines. Ron, that's a little easier said than done. Most BMW airhead engines have a long service life in the basic engine, which includes the crank and cam. Yes we can get one apart, but the cost of new seals, gaskets, bearings, and all the other pieces is cost prohibitive to reassemble. I called our buddy Leo Goff about a airhead cam he might have laying around. Yep, he said he was disassembling an airhead engine shortly and we could use the cam out of it. Good. He was also interested in seeing the readout from cam doctor himself. Leo said they did themselves good when they got Ron over there. Hopefully we can get some pics of an airhead cam being checked out on the cam doctor machine.

IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0272.jpgIMG_0271.jpg
    Don your a T shirt fashion plate.

Garfield Get's Some Justice

Lost my 2 cats earlier this year. Lost Garfield in a vicious dog attack. Some what good news about that. The city animal control department was after getting the dog in custody. The owner had a 6' wood fence, but the dog could easily climb it, with no problem. The owner chained the dog in the backyard to secure it. The dog broke free from that and climbed the fence, the lease/chain got hung in the top of the fence and the dog hanged it self to death. Good riddance.
    My other cat Fluffy and old male finally kicked the bucket. I really wanted a new cat.

I was out in the back yard back in the spring and a little grey ball of fur showed up out of nowhere. A few days of coaxing, a bowl of milk/cat food and a bowl of water and got her in the house.
    IMG_0040.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    Smoke plays hard and sleeps hard.

OK, Smoke your free ride is over. You have been appointed Commissioner of Rodents.

Cat 1

Didn't take long for that cat to train you did it

Yes, she went from being a rescue to being the Crown Princess. We found her in the backyard, where we have fox's, coyotes, stray dogs from time to time. We didn't want her to be a kitten sandwich. She's on her way to being crowned Queen of the kingdom. Yes, we're her royal subjects now.

Cat

After a cat has been lost and than found happy home they seem better at staying home.

She's the cat's meow, as far as she's concerned.

Smoke is a type of Tabby. She has the spots and stripes with the M on her forehead, all tabby traits. She's a pretty cat and she knows it.

America's Got Talent

I've been sitting around the house watching all these folks with so much talent. Personally; I can't sing, can't dance, and can't act. I can walk and chew gum; on a good day. I like the 2 young girls who sing and the girl who has the singing puppets. Who's your favorite?

Sorry, no time for TV watching.
    93 K1100LT
    03 K1200GT gone but not forgotten
    14 Victory Crossroads