Page 353 of 353 FirstFirst ... 253 303 343 351 352 353
Results 5,281 to 5,294 of 5294

Thread: Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Wow; Chick Magnet then Dude Magnet. Kinda went off the rails. Thx OM. Kinda felt like I was young again. Better get Red Seat out; go for a ride and cool off.

Biker/Motorcyclist Support

I want to give a shout-out of thanks to two establishments in the Mid-South. The Old Airport Club in West Memphis, Ark. and ShakeRag Bar and Grill in Millington, Tn.. Both welcome the motorized 2-wheel rider class. Generally, Iím a solo/lone rider, but I do like rolling into a welcoming establishment from time to time.
    4A193633-5DFE-4699-A21B-82FB4222AF7A.jpeg
    I had a big time.

Billboard T

022218D5-233C-45FC-9DC0-DA7C12E1FE5B.jpeg
    My buddy JD wears a billboard size T

Riding as a Biker

I like wearing my Stich. But, as of late Iím hanging with the bikers. When I wear the Stich, I get the usual brain dead comments, U an Astronaut or U planning on crashing? Gets a little old. But I like wearing some protection. I like jeans, so I wear Draggin Jeans. Kevlar is heavy.
    B6E37416-B310-4E6C-8633-7B57C591F175.jpeg
    In the butt.
    1368B934-2388-4FC3-BDDB-D2DA0AC1F1E6.jpeg
    In the knees.

Heavy

CFB88D66-3B12-4ABC-9A6B-C362CBF6AE9A.jpeg
    The top belt is the belt I normally wear. It ainít enough. Went to a wider belt, to hold up the heavy jeans

Suspenders

Still wasnít quite enough, Suspenders. Old man suspenders. Ok, Iím an old man.

I have an old school Belstaff riding outfit. Good old school stuff, wax cotton. The pants were heavy. Found some heavy duty suspenders, Popular Mechanics. Really good stuff. Decided I needed the same for the Kevlar jeans. Got what I thought was the same suspenders, they were Roebucks. They ainít as heavy duty. Get the Popular Mechanics or equivalent.

ABA69E6B-B11A-4545-A845-793C8A60B30F.jpeg
    6F009259-4842-4384-B84D-113031C5D925.jpeg
    Both are 2 inches wide, the Popular Mechanics are the one to buy.

Yep, Iím a two-wheel fashionista. I try to cover the whole gamut of 2-wheel riding.

Quote Originally Posted by barryg View Post
    I have an old school Belstaff riding outfit. Good old school stuff, wax cotton. The pants were heavy. Found some heavy duty suspenders, Popular Mechanics. Really good stuff. Decided I needed the same for the Kevlar jeans. Got what I thought was the same suspenders, they were Roebucks. They ainít as heavy duty. Get the Popular Mechanics or equivalent.
    Aerostich had a big setup at the National in Springfield. Among their offerings were waxed cotton Roadcrafter suits for the old-school folks. Andy told me he liked the idea so they did it.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Belstaff > Stich

Quite a few years ago I met the late gentleman rider John Lyle. At the time he had just purchased a 2 piece Belstaff suit. John was kinda tall and slim, he was impressive looking in Belstaff. He rode all of North America, U.S., Alaska, Canada, Mexico. I ran into him a couple of years later. The suit was in tatters. Patched and duck taped back together. He had totally worn it out. John, U going to get another one. No, I think Iíll get me a Stich. I think that was what he was wearing until he passed. What a Guy/Gentleman. RIP John

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barryg View Post
    I miss the Belstaff clothingÖÖ.even miss the smell of the peat infused flannel lining from the deeper mud holes on the single-track.

This is a great spot- https://britishmotorcyclegear.com/

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Never been to the mother country, to ride thru bog single track trails. I have rode thru the Ozarks and Ouchitaís mountain trails on my Beemerís. Probably not even close to the bogs of the British Isles. My old riding buddy Greg got me started riding motorcycles; a BMW R50/5 on those trails, totally crazy, but looking back, it made me a better rider. And most important, I survived to tell the tale.

Actually now that I think about Greg started me riding trails along the ridges and bluffs north of Memphis; close to the Mississippi River. A lot like the Ozarks in Arkansas. Great memories, glad I can remember it. I was riding GS style, but I didnít know it back then.