Page 263 of 263 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 261 262 263
Results 3,931 to 3,935 of 3935

Thread: Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

While I was at his shop, he had his bike trailer out and had the hubs off the axle, checking the bearings. Cleaned and removed all the old grease. Added fresh grease. Had his R100 on the lift, checking it all out. He's leaving Tuesday for Daytona Bike Week. His family were all going out tonight to celebrate his wife Jane's 94th birthday party. Wow, what a life.

Marshall down in Daytona.

Marshall, just called to check on y...... Sorry Barry; ain't got time to talk, having to much fun; Bye. Click. What?Huh.
    And here I was worried. My 92 year old buddy is off having a blast and I'm here and not.

Marshall's Back Safe and Sound

Talked with Marshall yesterday about his Daytona trip. He said it was all great, a perfect trip to Daytona Bike Week. Good, kinda like your kids first week away from home. He took a R50/5 and his R100/7. He said he was surprised that the /7 got more attention than the /2; a first.

Marshall took a /2 not a /5. The /7 got more attention than a /2. Reminds me of a story. OK, since you twisted my arm ; I'll tell the story. Back in the mid-80's, I was riding my '71 R50/5 to local rallies. I rode to the Trail of Tears Rally. I was close to getting the oldest bike; but got beat out by a '70 /5. When they announced the winner; there was a pretty loud chorus of boos. I was a little new to rallies, but /2's were supposed to win. I got it, but BMW riders are a pretty tough crowd. I was starting to learn the pecking order of the enlightened cognoscenti. :

Hunkered Down

Yep, like most I'm social distancing, trying to do my little part to help stop the spread of the plague. Hang in there Ya'll; we will survive this and be stronger than ever. This forum is a real blessing to help keep my sanity. Thx Ya'll