• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

630B261B-7718-4E14-8F6B-60E8393414E3.jpeg

They look good being ridden. The BMW System modular helmets and BMW leathers are the period look. :brow
The in look at BMW rallies in the late 80’s and early 90’s. 30 years ago, WOW!

Low Fenders. Just noticed that both bikes have their fenders mounted low. Just wondering, probably wanted those bikes super sano clean for the photo shoot. Back in the early 90's, I talked the Memphis dealer into coming to the RTS rally with demo bikes and a display. One of the bikes was a 100G S. Leo Goff took it for a spin. When he got back, it was totally covered in mud. Somebody asked him about it. Leo said, they told him to really ride it; so I did; with a smile.:rofl

Was talking to Leo today about my R100 project/40mm carb rebuild. He said text over vin; which I did.
1ADF22C2-2D0F-4CE9-B0F7-A37067746500.jpeg
I was surprised at the cost/expense of the carb kits, oh well U gonna pay when U wanna play. Will probably get new throttle cables, gear/chain, and throttle tube. I wonder how much heated grips run. :dunno Probably won’t like the answer.:scratch

R100

03434EF5-A863-456C-A6F8-583B450628D8.jpeg
I really don’t know the history of this bike, inherited some years ago from a buddy of mine, who is now long deceased. I guess I’ve had it 4 years and just know getting around to getting it running.

Big Gun BBQ

Went down yesterday to meet the owner of the new BBQ Restaurant, Pat Jones. They were working hard for the opening today.
FE32D6F8-2D1C-4D5B-B41D-BAC2653B519E.jpeg
Opening soon, today.

Missed the first day to check out their Q. Walked down the ally on day two and got a plate to go, only the drive thru is open. Pulled pork, slaw, potato salad, Texas toast. Walked back to the house and chowed down. Good stuff. Will go back in a couple of days and check out some more selections. Nice to be able to walk about 5 minutes to get some good BBQ. :brow

Been looking over my R100 for a little rebuild. Carbs and rebuild kit over to my guru, Leo Goff. Now checking out the handle bar controls. Kinda interesting and not so good at the same time. Got the bike from an elderly
who was a pretty good home tech, but was well past his prime. So I got the bike and am in the process of getting it into shape.

B5E43003-FE9B-4468-B50C-534E9DE1884E.jpeg
F8FBE25D-4AA7-4A99-8E8D-E6DBCE0D1A58.jpeg

Vernon was short so he added some barbacks. He added parts from a Moto Guzzi. Kinda funny and sad. I got boxes of parts with this bike. One box was full of different handlebar mounts and barbacks that were specific to BMW. This can be a situation U deal with on a bike resurrection. The good, the bad, the ugly. Yeah, I copied that. :brow

I’ll get those Guzzi parts off and will get the BMW mounts installed, I’ll use the USA bars. Now onto the throttle assembly. Old bent and wore out cables, throttle tubes, gear/chain make the tuning of the carbs near impossible.

Back