• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Over The Top

This car was ‘over the top’, front to back, top to bottom, side to side. This car had factory air. The compressor is a v-twin type. It sits between the top of the radiator and air cleaner. The rides around in an American muscle car with ac. The car is too cool for school.:bow

Unique American Muscle

I looked up the name of the Orange color. Saw several different cool names, but I’m calling it ‘Daytona Orange’This car had automatic transmission on the column, so U can burn rubber on the way to the car show and hold hands with Ur ‘Sweetie’. Black leather vinyl top, Bumble Bee Stripe, blacked out hood with big ram air scoop, chrome hood pins. Ok, I liked the car. :thumb:thumb

Growing up in Arkansas in the golden era of the gas powered automobile from the 50’s to the early 70’s was great. Big powerful engines and cheap gas. My first car was a ‘66 Chevrolet Caprice Classic with a 327 cubic inch V8. 4 barrel carb, dual exhaust, bucket seats, automatic in a console on the floor. Probably about 275 hp. Nice car. I moved on to a ‘69 Mustang Mach I. 351 CI 4-barrel carb, manual transmission, probably around 300 hp. Finally let that car go and started to concentrate on my school work in college. Time to grow up.

Barry,
Thanks, been ill for awhile but on the mends now. Started riding again, building up strength and stamina.
FYI, a few local LDRiders meet every other month for dinner in the Memphis area. Let me know if you're interested?
Take Care,
Robert

Yep, most of the riders, I’m around are senior citizens with various ailments, maladies, and physical problems. I include myself in this group. I’ve been riding close to home as of late. Yea, give me the info on the LDriders. I need to branch out to do a little more riding.

Memphis RTE group

Barry,
You are certainly welcome. Our next gathering is December 7th, at the Commissary BBQ 2290 S. Germantown Rd. Start time 1800.
I hate to say it, but look for an unruly group, that'll be us! We're certainly old, BUT we have 2 riders selected for the 2023 IBR. And maybe anther IBR selectee, that rides in from Atlanta to join us. And we have a newer member that rides in from Little Rock on a small cc bike, and has just completed his first SS1000 on it. He's got the LD Bug.

Ride Safe, Think Fast!
Robert

Barry,
You are certainly welcome. Our next gathering is December 7th, at the Commissary BBQ 2290 S. Germantown Rd. Start time 1800.
I hate to say it, but look for an unruly group, that'll be us! We're certainly old, BUT we have 2 riders selected for the 2023 IBR. And maybe anther IBR selectee, that rides in from Atlanta to join us. And we have a newer member that rides in from Little Rock on a small cc bike, and has just completed his first SS1000 on it. He's got the LD Bug.

Ride Safe, Think Fast!
Robert

I might be interested in this

The breakfast meetup was the 2nd reason for the trip to east Shelby County. My tech Leo had did a tuneup on my wheels for a ‘75 R90/6. Check the wheel bearings, then a proper reassembly. Checked the trueness of the rim, then mounted new tires and tubes, then balanced the complete assemblies. Looks like 1/4 once weights on each wheel.

Back at the house, The weather was decent. Set up a couple of work benches outside. Cool to cold so I built a small fire in my burn barrel, then proceeded to clean and polish the rims. This bike is far from a show bike. Kinda presentable to the crowd I run with.

Back