• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Was in Oklahoma City the other day. Had a nice visit at the local dealer; BMW of Oklahoma City, of course. Checked out all the new models. Cool stuff and cool colors; Wow. Special thanks to Kevin Southerland and his personal guided tour of the dealer. :thumb:thumb; Yep; Two Thumbs Up. :wave

Daytona Bike Week 1997???

Remember when Bike week was fun, Bulowville,Main Street, the beach,races, shows, beer garden, vendors, new bike rides, T-shirts?
Scan 5.jpg

Marshall has a new state of the art computer, we need to do a little more research to properly load pics to the MOA Forum. Marshall has 1,000's of pictures loaded. Will get back to uploading pics shortly.

Peter's Norton Commando.

Was looking at the pic of Leo Goff and Peter Guldan standing on each side of the Classic Bike Magazine
display with the Norton cafe bike, 'The Yellow Peril.' Peter is the tall life guard lookalike. :) If I remember correctly, Leo rebuilt the engine and transmission and Peter did all the rest of the build. This bike was totally visual masterpiece. Not only was the bike on the front cover, but was the feature article in the mag. Peter's attention to detail was beyond belief.

Back when Peter was doing this build, he carried a large log book on this bike. When he disassembled the bike, he had an extensive computerized spread sheet showing all the individual pieces. All the pieces were cataloged and at any time he could tell you where the piece was in the progress of the build. He did all the hand work and painting of the bike. I was totally amazed.

I'm just playing around on the thread. Trying to move some pics. I'm not getting the results I want. Oh well. :dunno

Yep, pretty scruffy R90. But it ran pretty good. I really didn't need a super nice bike. I was trail riding to a lot of rough campsites and campgrounds. I would just have just tore it.up. I did add some Krausers bags.

Back