• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

View attachment 86596
Took my smallest machinist tool box to class, easier to work out of than the loaner tool boxes. Making parts to fix some the lathes, in this case a simple pin that helps drive the lead screw.
View attachment 86597
Chips a flyin. Just like the old days, when I was a young machinist. I think I still got it.

Just like riding a bicycle - you never really lose it. Good for you! Now get access to a lathe and milling machine and have at it. It is good for the soul!!

Just like riding a bicycle - you never really lose it. Good for you! Now get access to a lathe and milling machine and have at it. It is good for the soul!!

And…….massive personal satisfaction in knowing/realizing that when something breaks, “you got this”.
OM

The Hunt For Red October

Seems like most of the old machine’s have features that are broken or not working correctly. The lathe I’m using is pretty primitive, no digital readouts. So I’m going old school to know how much material I’m removing. Informed Rick the instructor that I would bring my straight plunge indicator mounted on a magnet base. The part I’m making is not that precise, but I like knowing how much material I’m removing. Hadn’t used this indicator in years; gotta find it. So the hunt for the indicator mounted on the magnet. After looking everywhere numerous times; found it.
3DA72A62-9AAE-4750-8A8D-BDA3267BA720.jpeg
Ready for Monday mourning back in the shop.

Biker Group Ride and One Motorcyclist

Took off from college Friday and planned to mount my windshield on the R100R. The weather was warm and cooperating. Started the process, then got the cal from my biker buddies from Memphis. We’re coming over to see U. Meet U at the Old Airport Club. OK, stop the windshield job, off for a group ride.my first group ride since I started back riding. Hooked up with my Harley riders. Took my usual kidding, u ride a weird bike(BMW) and wear a snowmobile suit(the Stitch). As usual we all smiled the did biker brother hugs. Basically the ride was the usual biker bar hopping. Old Airport, Veterans lodge, 40&8 Club, over the River back to Tennessee, riding north up Highway 51 to The Kickstart Club. Felt good riding in a group. They made sure I rode in the middle of the pack. After the Kickstart, I broke off and headed back to Arkansas. They were headed to another veterans bar in Millington. Thx Guys Adios:bikes

Ride to Watch Super Bowl

7BC39162-7A75-4325-BD3B-042A88B6A28C.jpeg
0DD62571-F2A1-4831-B338-CCFBB16EA26A.jpeg
Meant to ride a little further; but it wasn’t to be. Just a ride to watch the game. Congrats to the Rams. :dance I really didn’t have a dog in the hunt. :scratch

DA0003FD-92E0-4A47-893D-1B0B306F7FBD.jpeg
Still doing some old school machining.
CD17DDA7-EEFF-470C-8E61-B1A7591E93F8.jpg
Working on a surface grinder. Making little parts for one of the lathes.

Attachments

• B86F874B-2FD5-4916-A328-509D91E74996.jpeg
    B86F874B-2FD5-4916-A328-509D91E74996.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 108
Back