• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Beale Street Bike Night-Memphis

Last year it was canceled, due to COVID. Rode over to to enjoy the festivities and see buddies.
630FE74D-E73C-4CC7-98D1-D9E377274E7A.jpeg
It ain’t what is was. In years past it was totally packed for about 4 blocks; it was a happening.

Arthur Fulmer Cycle Accessories

Looking thru the MOA Marketplace I ran across Roland Robitalle’s ad for some old airhead parts he had for sale. Saddlebag guard rails that fit BMW long wheelbase airheads. They were for Wixom/Fulmer bags. I have several sets of Wixom bags. One set had the bag rails. Thought it wise to get some replacements while some were available.
486DAD52-39FF-4DFF-882E-B20DC8858026.jpeg

8D00D689-740C-477E-B9ED-68AA33DB09E7.jpeg
Good, I’ve got replacements for the bags going on my ‘74 R 90/6 custom build project. I’m trying to build a BMW version of a Mid-70’s Moto Guzzi Eldorado. Yea, I know. Why? Because I’m crazy.:nod

As an aside, my first helmet I bought back in the early 80’s was a Arthur Fulmer helmet. If I remember correctly, I bought it because it was cheaper than the other helmets.

View attachment 67065
Riding in upstate N.Y. And Vermont. Crossing on the ferry, Can't remember if it's Lake Champlain or the Hudson River, by Fort Ticonderoga. Cool place, beautiful scenery, country, great riding. The R90 was a great riding partner, ran perfect, great memories, from the mid 90's. My smile says it all.

Bags on bike with chrome nerf bars.

Cool Bike

Was at Big Guns BBQ the other day hanging out, looked over at Burger King and saw this cool bike.
FB5A740E-70DE-45B3-83F6-3FB7699A2570.jpeg
Cool enough to walk over and check it out.

Mighty Mouse not a Wee-Strom

847451E7-B6C4-4263-8A4E-53CC797E714B.jpeg
Met Anthony(Tony)Authier from Clay, Al. and his 650 V-Strom. Up close the bike was really an eyeful. After a short meet&greet, Tony explained his bike. Tony has his own shop back home and used his engineering background to upgrade the bikes to his personal specs. Wow, it’s no Wee-Strom. Tony fired it up; Wow, sounded spectacular. Tony was headed into Arkansas to meet a friend and ride the Ozarks and Ouchitas hills and mountains. As he rode off on that cool sounding bike, wish I was loaded up and going with him. :thumb

Back