Page 292 of 292 FirstFirst ... 192 242 282 290 291 292
Results 4,366 to 4,369 of 4369

Thread: Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Ol Tall Dark and Handsome Himself

Quote Originally Posted by barryg View Post
    Attachment 59309
    Back in the late 60's and early 70's, Leo Goff built a lot of choppers. He built this one with the help of the first owner the late Art Grisanti. I think it's powered by a Honda 750-4. Art's long gone, but back in 1941 after Pearl Harbor, the very next day Art enlisted into the US Navy. Served with honers as a submariner in the Pacific Ocean Theater. Was repeatedly bombed, strafed, and torpedoed by the Japanese army, navy and air force. Great guy and a personal friend. His regular ride was a BMW '77 R100RS, he bought new. Glad John has the chopper now.

Was just discussing my friend Art Grisanti when we were taking his R100RS apart. Art had his own little collection of bikes. Art hung out with some bikers that owned Supercycle; two brothers, Ron and Lou Elliott. They built Harley and Japanese choppers. Art had one. Pretty cool.

Art and I did the easy disassembly, but Leo took the lead on the more complex reassembly. Watching Leo doing his thing working on bikes and cars is really a thing beauty. I never get tired of it. Leo gets to the problem, making up his parts list, on the phone with the order faxing or texting the info over to where it needs to go. Itís like watching a great play or opera.

Obscure BMW Accessory

Seems like fairly common stuff BMW use to sell are disappearing right before our eyes. Just found out that the security cable that BMW sold for years is NLA.
    01ACEA1C-3C97-4915-B0D8-BC3CACB19F5A.jpeg

Years ago I bought one to carry on my R90 as security. Seems I was always in the wrong part of town. Over time I purchased more bikes and I was always having to move the cable from bike to bike. Over time I finally got each bike itís own cable. It would not surprise me if BMW brings it back. Seems like they sell out inventory; let it lapse, then bring it back.