• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Performance Plus BMW--Memphis, Tn.

Was in the neighborhood, so I dropped in for a visit.
IMG_3413.jpg
IMG_3408.jpg
Marvin Asian poses with a Bagger.
IMG_3419.jpg

The Mid-South

I hope these posts of the area up and down the Mississippi River on both sides, downtown Memphis, out in Shelby County, in West Memphis, Crittenden County, Mississippi County, Ar. Area will inspire some riders to explore the area. I've tried to hi-lite just a few of these interesting places. Places to visit, camp grounds, restaurants, historical sites, music history. I plan to visit more that I find interesting and I think you will also. Some include the tour of the Ornamental Iron Museum inside, the Pink Palace, more interesting restaurants and other unique places or events. :)

I hope these posts of the area up and down the Mississippi River on both sides, downtown Memphis, out in Shelby County, in West Memphis, Crittenden County, Mississippi County, Ar. Area will inspire some riders to explore the area. I've tried to hi-lite just a few of these interesting places. Places to visit, camp grounds, restaurants, historical sites, music history. I plan to visit more that I find interesting and I think you will also. Some include the tour of the Ornamental Iron Museum inside, the Pink Palace, more interesting restaurants and other unique places or events. :)

Next time we plan to be in the area you will be asked to provide a guided tour or at least recommendations.. We were in that area often when we lived in Kansas; not so much since we moved to the Texas Big Bend. Crime rate statistics seem to give Memphis and West Memphis a bad rap - probably not at all deserved as far as a touring motorcyclist is concerned. This is not a troll comment.

I understand 100%. I don't want to here about a bad experience from riders who saw my posts and were accosted by rampaging locals, taking advantage of unsuspecting out of towners. No one wants to be preyed on. That's also why I detailed a variety of sites on or close to the river. Some are out in the country and some are in urban areas. Most of the time I do my little local adventures as a solo act, Me, Myself, and I. That said I think places north of me on the Ar. are pretty much totally safe. Wilson, Wilson Cafe,Plum Point, San Souci, Twist, Dyess. Meeman Shelby Forest, Shake Rag are all out in the country and safe. So basically that leaves down town Memphis and West Memphis. Years ago I rode the biker bar night life all over Memphis/WestMemphis. Rode with a lot of Patch wearers. Those days are long over for me. I'm a day guy for the most part now. I'f I'm out late it's usually Bikes on Beale, and then it's still usually daylight when I'm headed home.

I think Westy's is safe on the north end of Main St. and the food is a step above pub grub. Free Parking is a plus. Good ambiance. I think if I were doing the down town experience, I would start at the Tennessee Welcome Center to get started. Also I think Harbor Town is safe and has a nice look on the river. Miss Cordelia's is a good place for breakfast, brunch, lunch, etc. I like it because it's downtown and out of the way and free parking. I don't think you would have to worry about stuff being messed with on your motorcycle. That leaves the BRC and BRT.

I would consider the Ornamental Metal Museum, the Church on the River, Martyrs's Park all safe, Ashburn- Coppock Park safe. The problem is the security of Motorcycles that will be left as the bridge trip over the river is in progress. That may be where I come in. I may be able to come over and act as security and lock valuables in my cargo van. I may go over to the towers and see if there is a secure area to park motorcycles. I'll do a little more leg work. :)

Catfish Cabin -- Memphis, Tn.

Had some business to attend to in Memphis; got'er done. Across the street was the Cabin; time for lunch. :)
IMG_3432.jpg
IMG_3431.jpg
IMG_3430.jpg
Been coming here since 1973; seems like yesterday.

IMG_3427.jpg
Miss Florida delivered the catfish lunch plate.
IMG_3422.jpg
IMG_3428.jpg
The pictures don't do this meal justice. The hush puppies, slaw, green beans, catfish all good. The meal was under $14 bucks.
2846 Airways Blvd. 901 345 1485
:thumb:thumb

Nick's Garage-- Harley Brakes

Leo, called and said he and Nick were working on Nick's new to him Shovalhead Harley, come on over. 10-4 Leo. I always like seeing what Nick's working on.
IMG_3434.jpg
IMG_3436.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3437.jpg
    IMG_3437.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 114
IMG_3437.jpg
They needed new brake lines. Leo wanted to use oem parts, if available. He's an expert at fabbing up custom pieces, but he prefers the real parts. They were calling all over to get the parts. Reminds me of me getting Beemer parts.

Back