• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

If Tuktoyacktuk is a little to far for a weekend ride, Beale St. in Memphis, Tn. might be a doable deal. Bike nite is every Wednesday night. :thumb

At Middleton-Movies

Good movie, totally unbelievable or Feckless, but cute. Movie begins and ends with 2 BMW 4 wheelers, which is why I noted it. FECKLESS. Bow ties, pot smoking, bycicle thieves, verbal witty repartee, library's, observatories, and dingalberries. :thumb

Spelling

Tucktoyaktuk, Tuctoyatuk, Tuktoyatuck, well spelling ain't my thing. :dunno

It's spelled Alaska life is too short to worry about spelling or proper pronunciation of that other word now if first letter was an f instead of t I would give pronunciation a shot

Inavik, I can spell that. My third grade spelling is coming back to me. I before e except after something or another. I'm really good at punctuation and conjugation, whatever they are. :dance

Even with all the problems we seem to have in our nation we are blessed to live here instead of anywhere else IMHO.

Here Ya Mike. Lot a things in this country don't look good. Kinda sad. Any way times change. I was born 7-27-53 the day the Korean War Armistice was signed. We don't win wars now. We kinda maintain the status quo. Any way this is for all those who served the country in war and peace. Thank You.

USA-Independence-Day-Messages.jpg

Leo's Man Cave

After a long arduous building spree the man cave is almost ready for the grand launch.
IMG_1926.jpg
IMG_1928.jpg
IMG_1929.jpg
We was watching a Clint Easrtwood movie. Pale Rider, I think.

The red '55 Indy Streamliner was raced by the race team and I was a team member. The car was purchased by the team owner and he was in charge of the purchase and the car build. It was suppose to be turn key and race ready. The car was taken to Memphis Motorsports Park to be put through its paces. It barely ran. The team owner had egg on his face. He had to go to Leo and ask Leo what it would take to make it run. Leo did an extensive evaluation of the car. He informed the boss, that yes he could make the car run properly and it could be raced in the vintage series. It would take Leo about 2 years to do the deal. It was a very complex resto for Leo to do this job. First thing was a rolling engine and body A Frame was built to work on the car. Then Leo slowly and methodically got the car to run. He would address several problems, then do the work. Out to the track, do the tests. Some things worked, well most the worked. But it was a long term project. Just loading and unloading the car was a project. Special tools, jigs, and fixtures had to be machined just to
handle and haul the car. What Leo did was really a unbelievable task and he did it. You the Man, Leo. I got to see the work done upclose and personal. :thumb:thumb

Back