• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Ran into Marshall at the Chicken Rally...

IMG3850-M.jpg
Marshall, a young 83. The first picture post on the thread
:thumb

Coming In Hot!

Got this e-mail from my Don Quales an old retired railroader, just some old railroad verbage and story. We were off to show him some of the cool river bluff riding north of Memphis. We traveled the back roads up to Shake Rag. We checked out all the cool bikes, then had lunch. Back outside Don checked the old Brit bikes and riders. Don was all smiles. That was a cool ride here, a cool place to hang out and a lot of cool bikes. Basically Don was giving me :thumb:thumb. Don comes to Memphis pretty regular mostly for the music. I was just showing him there is more to Memphis than Beale St.

Next we headed north to secluded bar on the river, Mayors Cove. We stopped in for a cold one. Saw some more bikes and bikers. I told Don this would be a good movie set for a horror movie. You know the Hills Have Eyes, Freddy Krueger, They Only Come out at Night. Just teasing. Don liked it.:) Next we headed north to John's Boat Dock.

Yeah Don, we could put that biker gang altogether an almost get one good set of teeth. Don was shaking his head up and down. The back road adventure continued.

We rolled into the dock. Don said, man I'm totally lost. But that was great. I didn't know these roads existed. We went in and I introduced him to John. We had a cold one. Don was telling me how great the ride was. I just smiled in agreement. We backtracked up the bluff to Old Randolf. We check out the history plaques. Pre Civil War, Civil War, the powder magazine, Nathen Bedford Forest, etc. Then it was time for Don to head north and home.

Don, this is only half of the tour, when You get back will cover more of the bluffs and the river. That's all great Barry; but how do I get out of here. Where are we? Randolf, my friend. Laughing. Yeah, U can't get nowhere from here. Follow me. A couple of turns and we were out to the little highway that went north to Covington, Tn. . Don was all smiles, can't wait to come back for more of the Deliverence Tour'. Me too. :thumb

Was out in the garage the other day, got to lookin at the R100. I took the carbs off the bike last fall and delivered them over to Leo Goff for rebuild. Went over and popped over the gas cap. The rotten gas smell almost floored me.
Carried the tank outside and emptied it, it was nasty. I was thinking I was going to have to process the tank. Fill the tank with fresh gas, nuts and bolts and shake it around until it was clean. Then weak acid for a final cleaning; I've done this to several of my tanks. Then Creamed the inside and had good luck with the results. But, it's a lot of work, hard work. Called Marshall for advice on tanks. Bring it over and let me look at it. 10-4 good Buddy.

Over in Marshall's garage, Marshall inspected the inside of the tank. Barry, just a general cleanup inside the tank is all you need. Marshall took the petcocks, I'm rebuilding them for you. Here's your tank, go clean it up, adios and good night. I was smilin as I took the tank out to the van. I was laughing to myself, ain't got to refurbish the inside of the tank. I've got a 93 year old tech, refurbishing my peacocks, WOW. Still smiling as I got in the van.

Sitten out in Marshall's driveway, was pondering the gas tank clean up. Hum, I'm almost halfway to Leo's, got on the cell phone; Leo; old buddy, old pal; I need a favor. I'm over at Marshall's. I need a gas tank cleaned out, I know it's late. Bring it right now. Yep, OK.; on the way. Made the drive out to Leo's in Eads. It was dark, got lucky no deer seen. Handed off the tank, then a short session of small talk. Leo had his nose twisted up, that rotten gas was making us both sick. Back home the next day, Leo called; your tank is cleaned and ready for pickup. :thumb:thumb

Back