• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

The Gold Stars of the Orfeum Theater.

Picture 639.jpg
Picture 640.jpg
Picture 641.jpg
All three appeared at the Orpheum Theatre as did dozens of others. Hallowed sidewalk.:thumb If Beale street could talk and tell the tale.

Old Bike Club

Since I was home, I decided to attend the Old Bike Club August meeting in Memphis. Joe's Crab Shack is the current restaurant. Driving over I saw a couple of vintage trucks headed to a monthly car and truck show close to where the bike club meets.
Picture 642.jpg
Picture 644.jpg

Picture 650.jpg
Bob's cool Norton. Looks like it might actually stop, the front disc looks substantial.
Picture 657.jpg
Steve Clark's nice /2
Picture 658.jpg
'71 R60/2
Krauser Starlet bags are a good fit for this bike.

Carried a freight load down to Wylie, Tx.last Fri. Saturday I meandered on over to Plano to see what was on the floor at BMW of North Dallas, I mean European Cycle Sports LTD. seen the usual cool new bikes and some interesting old ones. The new showroom is done. Kinda liked the old place better. Good visit and good people. Hung out with Woody Wilson the old British bike guy. Glad to see some things stay the same. After looking around, went up the road to Farmer's Branch, uh I mean North Dallas to RPM Cycle. Had to look at some Italian motorcycles. I really want California 1400. Will get around to posting some pics. Ps I got to many bikes I don't ride. Translation buy another one I don't have time to ride. Seen a lot of used bikes that need new homes.

BMW dealer Plano Texas

Picture 663.jpg
Nice airhead R100 with S fairing
Picture 664.jpg
New wet head police bike.
Picture 666.jpg
R9T with brushed aluminum tank. Stylish

Back