• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Leo sittin explaining the why’s, whatever’s, and therefor’s all concerning bikes, cars and blues and rock&roll music theory. Personally, I’m an expert at listening to music and looking at bikes. That’s it, period; the end. :groovy

View attachment 58294
Got to do the 50 year anniversary reenactment of the Watkins Glen Road Race back in 1998. On the real track in town and out in the county. By accident we were allowed to be on the tract with the real cars that actually did the races back in the late 40's and early 50's. This car is a modified '52 Allard K2 painted by the famous artist Von Dutch. Known for painting customized cars and motorcycles. Leo Goff at the wheel and me navigating. If I remember right, Leo had built and installed a pretty hot 5.0 liter HO engine. Happy Days, like Richie and Fonsie. :thumb

Leo will tell U that he likes to work on cool cars; but bikes are his first love. :bow Fond memories of riding with Leo at one of the many car events we attended.

Leo Goff Drag Racing Champion

While Leo was visiting with his buddies, I wondered around the man cave looking at all the pics and plaques on the wall. Several were about Leo in his drag racing days. Those were in the 70’s and 80’s. Leo started as the builder and rider. As he gained girth, he passed off riding duties to others. As he developed the bike and it got much faster. Leo’s team built the bike lower, slicker, faster. At the time his Norton was the only current British bike getting any recognition.

National Champions IDBA Racing

Thinking about Leo and Allen drag racing that Norton, pretty cool stuff back in the day.
View attachment 67018
View attachment 67019
They were serious about drag racing and winning. I think they were International Drag Bike Association champions for a couple of years back in the mid eighties. Leo built the engine, Ron Wiginton fabricated the Kawasaki transmission to fit the engine and frame, Eddie Wilbanks fabricated the frame. I think Allen fabbed up the top shell and fairing. I see Cyclear on the back of the body shell. All these guys have been featured on this thread.

Good pic of Leo and his rider Allen Mueller.

Royal Enfield Interceptor

D271D76A-0B30-44B9-87ED-8C295286EF40.jpeg
This bike ridden by one of Leo’s buds got all the attention. Several of the guys took it for a spin. Man, it sounded as good as it looked. :thumb:thumb

Pinnacle of Success

8CA1F494-C9A7-450C-B8F0-8C5CD03B2AEA.jpeg
Leo, Allen, and Art. I think it’s 1984. They finally achieved all their goals. Winning their class, rider of the year, motorcycle builder of the year. I think I showed up in 1985. 35 years ago, seems like yesterday. I like hanging with winners. :groovy:brow ps my picture in the glass background taking a picture. :laugh

Lester Wheel

I’m all ways hanging out in the MOA Marketplace, looking around. Saw this Lester Wheel. Called Eugene and made a deal. What’s it going on; don’t know. Thinking about building a Beemer Hot Rod with some touring capability. 1000cc, dual plugged heads, big valve heads, 40mm Bings, 70hp. A kinda old school sleeper. It really don’t matter, gotta couple of builds already in process ahead of it.:brow
40E8B7DE-86F4-4032-8FF3-8EA35FA98EC8.jpeg

30 Years Ago

3A1FEA23-E568-417C-A696-CD6D9DF424EF.jpeg
My R90 center parked with 2 Airheads running Lesters. Pretty common back in the day. Still common today. I like spoked wheels, just thinking of building something a little different.

Back