• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

When I started riding, it was all about street riding, that was in the early to mid eighties. The guy that got me started riding grew up on trail/offroad bikes. It seemed like every where we rode, sooner or later when the pavement ended we were riding gravel roads; when that ended; we were riding paths and trails to see what was down/up there. Dude; why are we doing this. U just said why; to see what's there.

Second Saturday Ride-2-Eat for all Beemer-Buddies

Announcing the first north Alabama "Second Saturday Ride-2-Eat" of 2021 on 13 March @11:15. We've chosen the previously approved, Bama-Bucks Restaurant & Wild Game Park, 292 Bryant Road, SE of downtown Boaz. Garmin says: ( N34° 09.999' W86° 07.061' )

Hoping the weather will be cooperative, and that some of you discomfited Beemer jockeys, tired of sheltering in-place, will fire up your deluxe machines and head out for a stupendous luncheon with your Bama mates! Weather in 2 weeks is expected to be "pretty typical for AL," partly cloudy with temps in the 50s in the AM & mid-60s by PM (33% chance of rain - Not Bad!). Jennifer encourages a "Large Group" would more easily be seated Earlier rather that Later when they tend to get very busy on Saturdays!

https://www.bama-bucks.com

Items to savor include: various salads, a simple Angus burger $11, French Dip $12, Bite a Hog in the Butt $12, and many more seafood and exotic wild game Plates. -- Just don't forget your Diner's Club, Discovery, Visa or American Express cards!
Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS

How are the club members handling COVID distancing measures at these group ride to eat functions? The ride sounds fun. The group dining not so much.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Alabama Ride and Eat

Looks like a good ride to eat. Time to get back to living life and riding bikes. Thx for the heads up. Feel free to post any updates. We're adults here, we can make adult decisions. Wear the masks and socially distance and abide by the local covid laws. I think it's about 400 miles one way, kinda iffy about making the ride. If U have a local motel or camping area for attendees, feel free to post them. Again thx for the heads up and invite.:thumb

The Bama Bucks RTE sounds like a good time!

I agree.:brow :thumb Just got back from a 80 mile round trip to Wynne, Ar.; to get my 1st Vaccine shot. I remember the late 50’s getting all my shots to attend kindergarten. Back then, it was measles, whooping cough, polio, small pox. If I remember correctly.

The Card

B0CAD140-E571-4969-9728-33368CDBBAD9.jpeg
3FE49CF4-F695-41FF-B78D-01F4DB30FFCF.jpeg
Kinda strange sitting in line talking with all the old folks; like me. Went pretty quick, even waiting 15 minutes in case of bad side effects. None for me. :whistle

Short Road Trip to Shake Rag, Tn..

Sunday, the weather was clear and temps in the mid 60’s; time for a short trip to Shake Rag, Tn. and see my biker buddies.

80 Year Aniversary Daytona Bike Week

Bike Week; It's Happening.
No, I ain't there celebrating 80 years. But I was there 30 years ago for the 50 year Anniversary.

Yea, I went to Daytona Bike Week 10 years in a row; ‘90-‘99. Really enjoyed it. Watched a lot of motorcycle racing, kinda fun watching thousands of bikers relive their youth. Branched out and rode the whole state. Went back a few times in the 2000’s. Will put it on my to ride list in the future; ‘Return to Daytona’. Kinda has a ring to it.

R80ST Monolever Simplicity

88730F8F-8982-457B-B524-08E496CD87BA.jpeg

Yea, I got one. Seeing this pic, reminds me why I acquired it. It’s just totally cool and cute. Pic from this month’s ON’s.

Back in the day I was trail riding my R90/6. I totally redid the R90 and it was now too nice for off rode riding I started looking for a R80GS. They were either out of my price range or total junk. The R100GS’s were out and again a little pricey for me. Ran across a bargain on the R80ST. I’ll make my own GS. Saw some articles on swapping a Suzuki DR650 front end to the GS. Supposedly a easy, near perfect swap. Great and better brakes in addition. Started acquiring other pieces. OEM windshield, Moto case’s, rear rack, larger R100GS tank. Over time I slowly began to change my mind. Looking at the bike, it finally dawned on me what a nice street bike it was. It’ll go back pretty much stock as a nice street bike. I’ll find something else to trash out the back gravel roads and trails.

BMW Moto Gear

Period pic has rider wearing period BMW riding gear on the period bike. System helmet was the first giveaway. The rider looks totally focused on his ride; but I bet he is totally smiling behind the System helmet. Most likely due to riding a BMW R80ST. This isn’t hard to figure out. Riding my BMW’s does that to me. :) :brow

The Obvious

Why can I not see the obvious. He’s smiling because he’s has a set of new Michelin Road Classic tires on his iconic BMW model. I’d be smiling, too. :thumb:brow

Back