Page 262 of 263 FirstFirst ... 162 212 252 260 261 262 263 LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 3935

Thread: Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Leo looks pretty tough back in the day, and he was. But he really had a heart of gold. Barry and I spent about 2 hours at Leo's shop. Quite a few of Leo's friends and neighbors drifted thru. Later, Barry asked if it was always like that. Like what? You know, is everybody always like that, so friendly and happy. Yeah, pretty much. Leo and his wife Jill exude friendliness. Barry was mesmerized.

It's kinda neat talking to the guys that knew Leo back in the 60's in high school. Leo already had a collection of adult motorcycles and was riding them to school. 750 Norton's, 650 Triumph's and BSA's, etc. His buddies said they were riding mopeds and scooters.

I've talked to guys in their late 70's and 80's, that are still riding. Yep, Leo has been keeping my bikes tuned up and running since he was back in high school. Wow, pretty cool. Leo was the real Fonz.

Quote Originally Posted by barryg View Post
    Was in the neighborhood, so I dropped in for a visit.
    Attachment 70589
    Attachment 70590
    Marvin poses with a Bagger.
    Attachment 70591
    Been talking to Marvin at Performance Plus about parts for my R100.

Cornucopia

Dementia

Oldtimers

I coated the insides of the R100 tank with WD-40. Felt pretty good to do a little work on the R100.

Attachment 66470
    This bike is a good candidate for that fender. I've been wanting to put a nice R100 on the road for touring. 6.3 gallon big tank, twin front disc, rear drum brake, Reynolds Racks, San Jose fork brace. This period bike has a lot of great features for modern touring. 40mm Bings, big valves, kinematic shifter, updated tranny, 60 hp. Also a good candidate for updated brake lines, floating discs, dual plugs, updated cylinder kits for 70hp; all it takes is a bigger pocketbook. I've got a BMW windshield kit, now do I need S or C bars with heated hand grips? Gotta get ready for the rally season.
    The tank off this R100 is the one I'm messing with

Attachment 66480
    Nice looking bike.
    The red paint scheme was nice when new. At the moment I'm just freshening up the bike for local riding. I think this bike is a good candidate for a more complete and thorough restoration. Maybe pumping the engine up to 70 hp. Well, just dreaming now. One step at a time. I can just do so much; hey I've got dementia and all timers. Now where am I and what was I doing.

Well, I guess the parts are nla. The next day I called Richard down at BenchMark Works in Sturgis, MS.. Looks like they got the stuff. I may still order some complete pet cocks. I may still need to do some more cleaning out the tank, I still see some loose gunk in the tank. Leo's gone off to Daytona. Will wait till he gets back, may have to do some more steam cleaning. There's no end to refreshening projects.

Parts Delivered Today

Just got my parts from Bench Mark Works. Gotta call Richard and thank him for the quick delivery.

My brother has been giving me tutorials on how to get the BMWMOA Forum up on the big screen tv. Been looking at some of the pics from my thread. Pretty cool to see the enlarged pics of my '74 R90/6 after whe reassembled it back around '92.

Attachment 46100
    Just love hangin out at Marshall's , all kinds of neat stuff.
    Headed over to Marshall's with the tank, just to get an opinion on what to do next. Kinda neat that your bike consultant is 93 years old.

Marshall my 93 year old consultant

Attachment 46101
    The number of cars and bikes built out of this little shop is mind boggling. Marshall has been buliding out of this shop since the 50's. Drag cars, road race cars, custom cars, hot rods, street rods, all types of motorcycles any thing with an engine. Many have been show winners at many different venues. Marshall is a living legend in Memphis. Thx Marshall for all the help, can't wait for the lessons in painting the CBB.
    Marshall's suggestion; rinse it out with gas and move along with the project. 10-4 good buddy.