• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

KWEM Radio 93.3

Music tours are a pretty big thing now. People come from all over the world to visit Graceland, Sun Records, Beale Street. A little known stop is the KWEM Radio museum at Arkansas State University Mid-South. KWEM 93.3 was a small local radio station in West Memphis, Ar. where a lot of the local talent plied their music talent till they hit the big time in Memphis. The little museum showcases the original radio staion and the early music pioneers.
Picture 5324.jpg
Picture 5325.jpg
Picture 5353.jpg

If your interested in stopping it's located at Arkansas State University Mid-South 2000 W. Broadway West Memphis, Ar. . About 10 minutes of I-40. You can due the tour in 30 minutes to an hour. Visit would probably be a better word than tour. Stop, due the visit, get a bite to eat and get your scooter back on the road. :thumb

It Happened Here

One more thing, while your in the West Memphis and Marion area dial your radio over 93.3 FM and listen to some real American music and history.:thumb

I go back every once in a while and read my text. I see a lot of the grammar errors. I'm really sorry about it. It's due, do, to the fact I don't due, do much proofreading like I was taught to do, due in 11th grade English class. :)

Just out in the American hinterlands hauling some freight to and fro with no rhyme or reason. Kinda neat seeing the country. Seeing hundreds/thousands of H/D's and every once in awhile something else. Had nice visits at the dealers in Indy and Grand Rapids. Just something to do to kill some idle time between freight runs. See Ya'll out on the hiways and byways. :thumb

Gotta freight run today from Marshall, Mi. To Danbury, Ct. this weekend. Planning on a visit to Max BMW in Danbury, good folks. I hope to see some BMW bikes on the road. :thumb

Sitten here in beautiful, sunny, balmy, cool, overcast, rainy, Max BMW of South Windsor, Ct. Waiting to visit the dealer and see some bikes and other cool stuff. Time for a nap. :snore

As per usual, just teasin. Had a good visit. The hilight of the visit was the really nice R80GS back in the service area. Really nice. The Toaster Tank R75 up on the lift in the service area was a nice piece of eye candy. Had a nice visit, thx guys.

Nice

I'm so sorry. I use the nondescript adjective 'nice' to much. My 10th grade English teacher really marked us down when we used it. Well, I can't really come up with a better word than nice. The visit was nice, the staff was nice and the dealership was nice. Everyone was nice to me. OK, the bikes were awesome. The visit was, Nice. :thumb Maybe that was the 11th grade. :scratch

Back